This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awful Scam Letter

I got this in the "catch all" email at work yesterday, and I just knew I had to share such a lovely train wreck of a scam email with you guys.

It was massive, and the formatting was a work of art, if you're into that type of horror, anyway.

I captured it all as an image file to preserve the delicious failure in all it's glory and have posted it on Photobucket for your reading pleasure.

Enjoy!

Scam Letter Scan

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

My eyes are BLEEDING!!!
    Make a list of important things to do today.
    At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
    Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

How odd to send one this long! They should know by now that Americans don't read!
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Damn it the UN doesn't even deal with that kind of crap. At least pretend to be the WTO or some other economic organisation. I suppose it's also too late to mention that John Bolton never worked for the UN in any capacity other than ambassador and he's not been there since 2006.

More importantly what is an 'age status'? What if mine is undetermined or under review pending appeal?
        Last edited by Soulstealer; 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I like how they yanked a UN image that is obviously the image they use on their website for locating the website for the section of the UN you want to deal with as opposed to, say, an image for the part of the UN that they claim to be with.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            I like how they yanked a UN image that is obviously the image they use on their website for locating the website for the section of the UN you want to deal with as opposed to, say, an image for the part of the UN that they claim to be with.

^-.-^
            No, I like the image of the signature with the "APPROVED" stamp on it.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

But....but....but...there's no Red Seal of Truth (RSoT) on it!

It needs an RSoT to be real!

(gonna bait the snot out of him)

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Have at!

Be sure to fill us in on all the details.

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
                  How odd to send one this long! They should know by now that Americans don't read!
                  That was somewhat the point, I'm sure. TL;DR results in "ah, looks ok" rather than noticing the errors and horribleness.

Comment

I get anywhere from 5-10 of those letters in my email a day, plus all those foreign lotteries I win.
                    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I used to get a whole lot more when the boss was still around. He saved them. He had some from back in the '70s when they'd mail them.

These days, I only get a few per week, but none of them quite so horrible in execution and design.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
                      X