This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And here comes a WalMart smack down

It seems that the class action lawsuit against WalMart on behalf of female workers has been green lighted. The nations largest ever class action, i'm sure the plaintiffs lawyers (right term?) are loving life right about now, not only will they make out like bandits, even if they worked for free, the referrals if they win will make them plenty of money.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/26...s-action-suit/
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Does anyone know what that's all about? Ausland doesn't have this issue....normally
    Most big companies will give equal hours to both employees unless they happen to be sexist idiots anyway. (there are plenty of sexist females out there) The only issue they might have is when a woman is seeking maternity leave and has reduced hours as a result. More because paternity leave isn't heard of too much in some companies.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Pretty straightforward actually, they're accused of perpetuating the glass ceiling, the system where a woman gets paid less than a man for the same job. Its estimated the the class, all women that work or have worked at Walmart numbers around 1,000,000 which is a record in the US if not the world. Imagine if WalMart loses and has to pay every employee just $10, and it'll likely be higher than that.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

There's another lawsuit going to court...a NH woman who worked there for 15 years was fired after being diagnosed with kidney disease.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Javarod View Post
          It seems that the class action lawsuit against WalMart on behalf of female workers has been green lighted. The nations largest ever class action, i'm sure the plaintiffs lawyers (right term?) are loving life right about now, not only will they make out like bandits, even if they worked for free, the referrals if they win will make them plenty of money.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/26...s-action-suit/
          If they worked for free, it's be on a contingency basis, which could get the lawyers 30% plus of the payout. Read "The King of Torts" by John Grisham, very informative, even though it's fiction.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth Exaspera View Post
            If they worked for free, it's be on a contingency basis, which could get the lawyers 30% plus of the payout. Read "The King of Torts" by John Grisham, very informative, even though it's fiction.
            Oh i have, and its quite a good book. Remember that he was a lawyer, so the basic how it works is likely to be dead on, or as close as he can get and still be entertaining. Still, they can work for whatever they want, but this is one of those cases where winning is enough payout for them to forgo any other fee... Wait, these are lawyers, what am i saying.
            Seph
            Taur10

Comment

Working...
            X