X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kate just isn't going away...

*cries* WHY?! WHY????

Link

And anyways...my Mom should be above her.

Good grief.
    Why doesn't she just look after her own brood of children?
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth article
      On Twist of Kate, which will debut in late summer or early fall, Kate will “[step] into the lives of other women and moms, experiencing first hand their challenges and triumphs.”
      As opposed to raising her own kids and experiencing first-hand her own challenges and triumphs.

She absolutely turns my stomach. As does this obsession our society has with turning people into celebrities just because they popped out a bunch of kids. Between Kate Gosselin and Octomom, I don't know know which one repulses me more.

At least Jon is making an effort to be there for his kids in his ex-wife's absence.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Christ, I had to deal with her when my wife was watching Dancing With the Stars. This makes me sick.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I can't get over how so many ordinary people are happy and willing to put themselves on reality television like this. What's sad is that the ONLY reason why TV productions companies are spewing out crap like this is because reality shows are MUCH cheaper to make. They save millions of dollars alone in not having to hire big-bucks TV stars. Instead they simply take some attention-craving mental case and pay them little or nothing to get on TV and make complete asses out of themselves in front of millions of people.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            They save millions of dollars alone in not having to hire big-bucks TV stars.
            They can also get around pesky labor laws that prevent the exploitation of child labor. Most kids that are the same age as Jon & Kate's brood would only be allowed to be on set 2-3 hours a day. That's why shows like Full House used twins whenever possible. Reality TV shows like that are child exploitation, plain and simple. (I have special ire for the Duggars though. They do NOT live independent of support like they claim. )
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Good point. That's the kind of crap that the media is spoon-feeding us. It's all about making as much of a quick buck as possible through the lowest-common denominator. That's one reason why I'm about ready to dump cable, but sadly, my wife actually enjoys this crap.

But I think it's funny when it backfires. Funny you don't see Ashlee Simpson being shoved down our throats ever since she got booed off the stage at the Orange Bowl.

Comment

That's funny... my child would make mincemeat of her and he's practically the same age as her kids. Actually, my autistic nephew and his younger sister are sneakier and more destructive... let's see her deal with them! She'd be a mental patient after 2 days.
                Make a list of important things to do today.
                At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
                Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

Why?

Because people pay attention.

Meh, I ignore it all in the hopes that it'll go away, and I like to suggest others do the same.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Good lord. All these big-family "reality" shows piss me off for some reason.
                    Quoth r2cagle View Post
                    Actually, my autistic nephew and his younger sister are sneakier and more destructive... let's see her deal with them!
                    Did someone say sneaky and destructive? I can help!

Had she been my au pair/nanny when I was a pup, I would have taken such glee in making her life hell...sure you can handle eight normal kids, but how about one who's not? Mom probably would have condoned it too...she hated people telling her how she "should have" brought me up.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Hey guys, you can breathe a sigh of relief. Hugh Hefner said "NO" to her being in Playboy.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Blas....

You're really fixin' to make me throw up my FIRST bottle of Budweiser for the day!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd kind of like to see Jon and Kate on "Celebrity Death Match".

Sort of "Jon & Kate plus Hate".
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Just go away. The only reason I watch TLC is for "little people big world"

Comment

Working...
                            X