Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Geocities taught the internet how NOT to design a personal website. It was a slow and excruciatingly painful lesson, but we learned. I mean "we" collectively. I mean, it's not like I ever had a Geocities page or anything.

*cough*

Now that I think about it, myspace is like this generation's equivalent of Geocities. Think about it. Sparkly/glittery icons, eye-gougingly hard to read fonts, crappy music playing (though crappy REAL music and not crappy MIDIs), backgrounds and layouts that make the aforementioned fonts impossible to read with the naked eye without using CTRL + A, and absolutely 0 substance.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I did have a geocities webpage .. it was a neutral parchement background and I used it to hold articles that I had done for my civitas Romanum newsletter articles, and a photo album, and I had a hidden page that was nothing but a lot of links so I wouldn't lose certain bookmarks if I had a computer crash =)

I never went the sparklie unicorn and flash/soundtrack route
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Isn't MySpace the new Geocities?

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Isn't MySpace the new Geocities?

^-.-^
          If by that you mean an effective ghost town that doesn't know when to die, then yes.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I had a geocities site, with pages for each of the family members. It was a pain for me to update and I eventually did away with it. No sparklies or glitter on mine - that's so obnoxious. I did away with Myspace too because it would get so slow. And it was obnoxious, lol.

Comment

It's like car crash. You just have to watch and....

Comment

ugh

i tried it on my own website
                the home page looks horrible but the main part of the site isn't changed. must be because i used frames.

=)

Comment

My eyes....THEY BURN!!!!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X