• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you are all ready for this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472181/

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets..._gargahank.jpg
    http://dragcave.net/image/utXO.gif

I MUST see this, if only to lose myself in nostalgic awesomeness for the duration of it.

edited to add: at least half of said awesomeness is generally how awesome my life was at the time when this was the first thing on TV when I got back from school; and I just realized how weird it'd look (with me being a metalhead and everything) if I went alone. My sister will be coming with me; she's 9 and I can just pretend I was chored into bringing her there.
    Last edited by taurinejunkie; 05-02-2010, 04:27 AM.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

We had a report about this post from someone who had no idea what these links are, and was apparently concerned it could be something malicious. It's perfectly safe, although you might groan when you view them.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wife is going to want to see this, I just know it....

Never could stand that show, and I do NOT want to see a live-action version.

Eric the Grey
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I did not know Jonathan Winters was still alive

Hm, I guess I will see it when it hits cable, but I can't see going to the theater to see it.

I wonder which fast food palace will have the tie in toys.

[I have a friend who loves the haribo gummi smurfs, I get her a tub of them every year for christmas ... Ill have to get her a smurf toy when it comes out,]
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            It's perfectly safe, although you might groan when you view them.
            Yeah, the links are, though you might wish they weren't just so you could forget them.

Oh, and for some info about it, instead of the original scene (a magical forest), it's Central park and Gargamel is a homeless man who torments the Smurfs (which are all CGI). The plot centers around two people who stumble upon the smurfs village and helps them out.

How's that for butchering nostalgia?
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Jokey Smurf is Pee Wee Herman.
              I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
                I'm surprised no one has mentioned that Jokey Smurf is Pee Wee Herman.

Okay. I won't be seeing this movie then. Damn.

(I really really really HATE Pee Wee Herman)
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post

Okay. I won't be seeing this movie then. Damn.

(I really really really HATE Pee Wee Herman)
                  He does not always play that character, he played the vampire in Buffy the Vampire Slayer as someone totally different. Many people did not realize that it was Paul Reubens ... as he did not "do" Peewee Herman.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Paul Reubens also does a voice for The Nightmare Before Christmas as....Lock or Shock. I can't remember.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

And this is part of a planned trilogy according to the trivia section.

As for Pee Wee Herman. Is his character's name Jokey Smurf or Strokey Smurf?
                      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        Paul Reubens also does a voice for The Nightmare Before Christmas as....Lock or Shock. I can't remember.
                        Lock. Shock's the witch.

I likely won't be seeing this, ever. I hated the show.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                        X