This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate headaches

I've had a low-grade headache for the better part of the last two or three hours.

which means, in "pepperelf terminology" it's a migraine. a weak one but, still enough to make me puke if i don't take care of it.

I've had mild migraines. I'm a big baby when it comes to headaches, since I rarely get them. How can I live with chronic pain, yet balk at a cold or headache? Ah, well. Does caffeine help you at all?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I too get migraines. Mine can go from mild to severe quickly sometimes. Sometimes a hot shower will help with the pain from a mild headache. I agree with Food Lady about the caffeine. That has saved me when I have had migraines at work. If caffeine does not help perhaps some ginger ale would help settle your stomach. I have also found that Advil PM or other similar medicines that help you sleep work to just allow you to sleep through the headache.

Good luck I hope you feel better soon Pepper. Another thing that can be helpful for migraines at work if your manager will let you do it is to put some sun glasses on for a little while sometimes that can help. I got a nasty migraine at work when the store was short-staffed. This started out as a mild migraine that was just sort of annoying. I was getting dizzy and light sensitive at work. One of my co-workers found me a chair and my manager on duty actually grabbed some sunglasses off the rack for me. My manager also told me to stay in that chair unless I was doing something customer related. I work a pretty set schedule at work so I have regular customers I see every day. I bent over to put something back in the cooler that day and got dizzy out of nowhere. One of my regular customers was standing behind me to get a beverage out of the cooler and she could tell something was wrong. She walked over to the photo-counter and asked my co-worker to check on me.
      Last edited by retailworker7; 05-16-2012, 02:45 AM.

Comment

I have many triggers:
        MSG
        artificial and some natural low calorie sugars
        neck pain
        period
        stress
        caffiene/lack of it
        drinking cold thing fast
        tooth aches
        lack of water in my system
        perfumes

lets just say I am a walking migraine time bomb. And I wish I could get mild ones.

Comment

thanks it's better now.

i think it was eye-triggered, too much online shit earlier today, plus i slept in late.

i took 2 excedrine and stopped web surfing for a couple of hours. now it's better. although I'm not tired hah.

Comment

And you're back online. I took a 2-hour nap and now I don't want to go to bed. It's midnight.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

ya. mostly I'm just playing my MUD tho. and only a little bit of surfing on websites.

Comment

I used to get both stress and hormonal based migraines. After the hysterectomy the hormonal ones vanished [the hysterectomy was worth losing the migraines, let alone the horriffic periods and PCOS crap]

Well, also dehydration for me causes migraines, and if you add in hypoglycemia

Not glad to be back on benzos for the stress migraines, but a quick intervention with a darkened room and soft neutral music with a midrin and full glass of water back beats the vomiting.

at least I get a decent amount of warning time, thank Ghu for auras!
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

What sucks here is Excedrine is on recall. No other place that I been to in my area makes store brand gel caplets for migraines. The only thing that works on me.

I have to catch it, or I will be in bed all day long. Advil migraine has helped a little. But its not the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X