This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WE COMMAND DREAD AND AWE!

Also Spark got here before I could. What I typically do when the seam allowance is making everything too bulky is to trim down the seam (while making sure to not cut so far in that your stitches become in danger of falling or pulling out!) I had to do it a lot on particular costumes and articles when the fabric would totally show all that seam on the inside and it wouldn't fall right!
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Well, I think hand sewing is faster and easier, but if you're not confident in your hand stitch's strength that can be a good way to go too. *nods*
      The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

Quoth spark View Post
        Well, I think hand sewing is faster and easier, but if you're not confident in your hand stitch's strength that can be a good way to go too. *nods*
        This was with hand stitching. That fabric was the death of me. Final result was pretty cool though, too bad I have no idea where I ended up storing it.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Thanks for dropping in you guys (I see you got my PM Spark)

Yes I am hand sewing it. Thanks for the tip about two halves rather than a cone.
          While I am handstiching it, it is only a basic spiral stitch (?) down the edge, with doubled over thread. Basic hem repair kind of stitch I guess
          And I might try using a scapel/stanley knife to cut the fabric on the backing side like you mentioned Spark

I think I might re-try tonight. I've got rings and chains to attach it to the Recon, just need to figure out the cap. I cut up an old measuring cup, but I'm not sure I'm happy with how it looks.
          But since when did Space Wolves follow the standard XD.

Will try and get pics tonight aswell, of it as is.
          Last edited by ApolloSZ; 08-08-2012, 03:27 AM. Reason: I spricken gud englands I swear. :|
          "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
          Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Just finished painting a mag for fun, still needs a bit of tweaking for the innards for it to be smooth, and a few highlighting of some of the details just to improve it

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/453/magge.jpg
            I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
              This was with hand stitching. That fabric was the death of me. Final result was pretty cool though, too bad I have no idea where I ended up storing it.
              I think I'm missing something. How do you have big seam allowance edges to trim off if you're hand sewing? I always hand sew fur with a whip stitch, so there's no fabric to trim, just the seam itself.
              The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

If there's seam allowance, then it's probably a back stitch.

An illustrated list of stitches.

I, too, tend to go with a whip stitch for hand sewing seams.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X