This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
    The first ever descent video from Mars...and a hi-res one will be coming eventually!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcGMDXy-Y1I&feature=plcp
    I got goosebumps. That was just so awesome.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

A friend posted a suppressed picture from Curiousity that George Takei smuggled out...

Marvin the Martian is peeking around the edge.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I don't remember if it was for this Mars rover, but in 2009 my mom went to the NASA website and had my first name put in a capsule that would blast off to Mars in 2011.
        Shameless self promotion:
        DeviantArt page: A Creepypasta Lover
        Blog: A Proxy Girl
        Best comic ever: Pasta Monsters by XcomickittyX
        "Here's Jeffrey!" --Me, describing my favorite creepypasta

Comment

Quoth crazyclerk12 View Post
          I don't remember if it was for this Mars rover, but in 2009 my mom went to the NASA website and had my first name put in a capsule that would blast off to Mars in 2011.
          That would be this one! She launched in November 2011 from KSC; the names are on a digital file. Mine's on there too!
          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
            That would be this one! She launched in November 2011 from KSC; the names are on a digital file. Mine's on there too!
            Oh god. I didn't realize that's the one. I put my brother's name on it. He would have been so thrilled with this mission, he was the biggest fan of the space program you'd ever want to meet. I'm getting teary now. I'm so glad I found out about this mission in time to get his name on it.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X