Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hair would be wavy if it didn't hang down past my waist.

But it'll be damned if I do anything that doesn't involve pinning it in place.

Better off than my mom, though, who got a perm and came out with it as straight as when she went in, and who was told that a professional crimp job would likely just break it.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Rope braids at night will give you spirals. Sometimes I'd like waves as that would show off the length. I can brush it out carefully, but it just makes it like cotton candy.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

On one of the band trips I went on, the girls in the band tried to make my hair do stuff. They gave me some sort of holding rinse, then did a full style on me, then practically shellacked it with hairspray. Two hours later, it was back to flatsville.

My mom used to do rag curls (curl hair wet at night, using small strips of cloth to tie it all against the head, then dry it in the morning and untie it all); that lasted until the brush hit it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My most drastic cut was when a week before boot camp. My hair was just below my shoulder blades at the time. Then I had my cousin (a hair stylist) chop it all off - it would have actually been within male regulations for hair. Tapered back and sides and about 1.5 inches on top.

I could have just had it taken to above the shoulders, but without some length to weigh it down my hair curls like crazy. I didn't want to deal with that in Orlando, during the summer, and while dealing with basic.

Comment

Quoth LewisLegion View Post
            AccountingDrone: my stylist was much the same. She kept asking me if I was sure, once she cut it I couldn't go back, are you absolutely sure you wanna do this? I could just trim the ends...you POSITIVE you want it all cut off?

Then she said she hoped I didn't cry when she did it, because then she'd cry too. **lol**
            Pretty much

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            AccountingDrone, may I ask, was your hair uncut for religious reasons? Also, did you wear it up all the time? I suppose it would be difficult to deal with knee-length, though it is amazing.
            Nope, just never bothered to get it cut, and taking care of it was easy, wash it once a week, brush it out thoroughly twice a day, braid it when it was dry. I rarely put it up any fancier than the milkmaid braids around though Mom liked doing a gibson girl on it for when we needed to be fancy.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It's actually quite amazing what you can do with long hair if you have a little bit of time, an idea of what you want and some bobby pins.

^-.-^

Comment

My mommy's sending me some hairsticks. And scarves. I can wear those and pretend I have hip-length hair.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                X