X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel joy!

/Massive sarcasm.

I'm currently stuck in the Baltimore/Washington airport where my 50 miniute layover just became an hour and 48 miniute layover.

And how was your day?
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

....and now we depart at 6.

Comment

Is it because of the thunderstorm?
      Argh - I hate weather delays, worse are mechanicals.
      I once had a 26 hour delay (two mechanicals) - but at least they put us up for the night (in a really nice place) and fed us.

Comment

Yeah, weather. And southwest won't put us up for weather delays.

Comment

I've only ever seen an airline give out vouchers for weather delays once - and it was the airline at the gate next to ours of course, not the one we were on.
          If it helps, it seems like more flights are boarding and departing - so maybe it won't be much longer. (is it sad I still have that stuff bookmarked?)

Comment

Aaaaaand now we depart at 7:10. Fun.

Comment

And now it is not leaving its departure city until 7:20.

Shoot me now?

Comment

I hope you do better than the last time I was there. I was suppose to depart at about 4:00 PM. I got out at about 1:00 AM. I also had a hurricane to blame. It was heading up the coast. First it screwed up Atlanta, then it hit Baltimore.

When I finally made Atlanta, Marta was done for the day and my car was at North Springs. Had to take a cab.

When I made it to North Springs, I found the car had a dead battery (cell phone died around 10:00 PM). Had to wait for AAA.

When I got home at 5:00 AM, I found that I had water in the basement.

There is no hurricane in the area, so I think you will have better luck.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Don't know if this will make you feel any better Parrothead, but my wife left Green Bay for Nashville at 6 this morning. She's not there yet. Various shuffles and open spots created this lovely itinerary:

air. green bay - detroit - new york - nashville 1533 miles 6am - 7pm?

(btw, ground: green bay - nashville 675 miles, 11h 43m.)

Comment

9:10 right now.

Comment

Hon, I'm a travel agent and just clocked out. I don't think you'll be getting out at all, truthfully.

Do you have a backup plan for tonight?

PM me if I can help.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Don't know if this will make you feel any better Parrothead, but my wife left Green Bay for Nashville at 6 this morning. She's not there yet. Various shuffles and open spots created this lovely itinerary:

air. green bay - detroit - new york - nashville 1533 miles 6am - 7pm?

(btw, ground: green bay - nashville 675 miles, 11h 43m.)

Shit, I would rather drive that piddling distance than wait interminably to shove my fat ass into a too small seat in an aluminum tube full of strangers.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

And now it's cancelled.

Comment

Darn, I was hoping you would do better than I did. Let's hope your basement is not flooded.
                            Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                            Save the Ales!
                            Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth Parrothead View Post
                              And now it's cancelled.
                              Make sure you call the customer service line right away to be reprotected on the next flight, likely will be tomorrow afternoon at this point. The hotels are filling near the BWI airport right now too, so I'd do that first.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
                              X