Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I moved from Tennessee to Baltimore I got stuck in Orlando for the night cause BWI was closed (this was during the snow storms of Feb 2010). I hate BWI. Thankfully I only had to use it twice since (to and from Michigan to see my grandmother before she died).

Eta: I hope you can get home as soon as possible and if necessary a hotel room.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Sis and I are spending the night in the airport (only hotels with rooms were 100+ a night) and have an 8:15 flight tomorrow. We have friends of friends in the area, but none close enough.
      What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        I would rather drive that piddling distance than wait interminably
        I had the stats on hand because that's just what the regional manager did - drove down the day before. Wife finally got through - 16+ hours after leaving. I feel for her, but apparently she did better than many.

Good luck Parrothead!

Comment

Our new flight *should* be leaving at 8:15. Fingers crossed.

Comment

And now my new flight is delayed. Oh, joy. Oh, rapture.

If I have to spend 24 hours in this airport, I will hit something. Or shoot it.

Comment

What I liked about flying into BWI in the 70s was the cemetary off to the east side when landing from the south.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Layovers - Easily the worst part of flying. Unless you get a long layover in somewhere cool like Dubai or Amsterdam...
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I am finally in the right place!!!!

Comment

i think one of my worst layovers was 8 hours, on the tail end of an overnight flight. Normally the entire trip would take 14 hours (including layovers). This bumped it up to closer to 20.

somewhere cool like Dubai or Amsterdam...
                    Assuming you're close enough to the city to have some fun. Although I did rather like that freaky ski-slope mall in Dubai. Never skied there but they had a nice fancy grocery store with things like raw unfiltered honey (and by unfiltered I mean you found bees in it). And a rather nice cigar shop.

And the hotel it's attached to has a spa that's worth every cent. No it's not the infamous 7 star hotels (they made more? *gasp*) but if the spa is any judge of the hotel it's gotta be good.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 08-10-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                      Don't know if this will make you feel any better Parrothead, but my wife left Green Bay for Nashville at 6 this morning. She's not there yet. Various shuffles and open spots created this lovely itinerary:

air. green bay - detroit - new york - nashville 1533 miles 6am - 7pm?

(btw, ground: green bay - nashville 675 miles, 11h 43m.)

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                      Shit, I would rather drive that piddling distance than wait interminably to shove my fat ass into a too small seat in an aluminum tube full of strangers.
                      I would rather drive Toronto-Vancouver, never mind a trip where due to multiple transfers the flight was EXPECTED to take at least as long as the drive.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Ha, sounds all too familiar. I travel for work (Monday out and Thursday back). I worked in DC for about a year and a half and flew out of one of the three airports (Dulles, Baltimore, or DCA). One night, I was flying from Baltimore home, and I was supposed to leave at around 5:00. They boarded us, and we waited. And waited. And waited. Every time we were about to take off, they would close the runway down, and we'd wait some more.

After about 6 hours, they brought us back to the jetbridge and had us deplane. They had us wait about an hour, then cancelled the flight. At 12:30 in the morning. I was able to get on a flight at 6:30 in the morning, but I had to sleep on the floor of the airport.

Comment

Working...
                        X