This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap in the pants and unruly kids

From a visit to th' local Inbred Carnival tonight after a day of ushering sheepish guys to our dwindling selection of Valentines Day merchandise so they can be saved from sleeping on the couch. You're all welcome.

Needed to pick up some deodorant. In the deodorant aisle were an older, but not terribly old, woman and myself. Either somebody hid a carton of eggs someplace behind the merchandise and they had gone bad, or one of the two of us shit our pants, and it sure as hell wasn't me.

Let's just say for the rest of my time in the deodorant aisle, I rigorously sniff-tested the various kinds of deodorant before making my selection.

After picking up a few more things, time to head to the self checkout, where we discover yet another class of people who should never use self checkouts; people with unruly kids. I got to witness some poor mother of at least three trying to check out her basket full of stuff while her kids were taking things out of the basket and dropping them in the bag. Beep. Unexpected item in bagging area. Cue some snarled shopping as mom un-bags whatever it was her kid dropped in there.

Then another one of her kids throws something else in the bag without scanning it. Beep. Unexpected item in bagging area. Meanwhile her third kid is wandering off in the company of a couple who maybe have a complete set of teeth between them. Maybe. "Get over here, damnit!" she barks as a self checkout finally opens and I start scanning my stuff.

She was still trying to check out when I left. At least in a regular checklane there's less room for the kids to get rowdy or wander off.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Going to inbred carnival after work isn't so bad for me on 2nd shift because it's neary midnight by that time and there's hardly anyone there. Good parking, all you have to do is maneuver around the people stocking shelves.

No screaming kids is definitely a plus. I know I will avoid going to that store anytime during "prime time" because people think they need to bring their whole family there, and after what a white trash family pulled on my brother, his girlfriend, and me on Thanksgiving, I'm over family time at Wal-Mart.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      after what a white trash family pulled on my brother, his girlfriend, and me on Thanksgiving, I'm over family time at Wal-Mart.
      Did you post it already? If so, could you provide a link? If not, I sense a story. Thanks.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        I know I will avoid going to that store anytime during "prime time" because people think they need to bring their whole family there, and after what a white trash family pulled on my brother, his girlfriend, and me on Thanksgiving, I'm over family time at Wal-Mart.
        You mean you actually went out into that chaos?

You're a crazy woman.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          You're a crazy woman.
          Braver or crazier than I thought....I'm not sure which it is.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I hate when parents let their kidlets 'help' on the self-checkouts. It's very rare when I don't have to clear up some problem...and ten seconds later after telling them not to do X, clear the exact same thing AGAIN.

I'm convinced that our shoplifters use that as their distraction; even if I do see their lane throwing a fit, they know that I have to watch the kids/I'm physically boxed in by the kids on one end and the huge plastic racecar-cart on the other so can't get anywhere anyway.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Just another reason why the local supermarket next door got rid of its self-checkouts. Another important reason is theft, but that's another story.
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
              X