This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC at Midnight

I was just awaken by the sound of what I thought was someone pounding on my door. It turned out it was someone pounding on the door to the hotel lobby. For some reason, the hotel locks the lobby.

I don't know if I agree with the policy, but the guy was completely out of line. First, he was pounding on the lobby door. Second, he was screaming at the top of his lungs about how it was illegal to lock the lobby. Third, if he had simply turned around, he would have seen the exit no more than 10 feet away. After all, I was able to use that exit when I had to go to my car.

I really don't know if the hotel was actually breaking the law, but I do know that pounding on doors and screaming at the top of your lungs where other people are trying to sleep is illegal, especially at midnight.

I'm still trying to calm down after hearing that.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I don't know if it's illegal to lock the door, but it sounds like the guy was trying to leave? Surely, even if the door is locked, there's an emergency push-bar or something. What a doofus!

As an aside, I prefer that the hotel I'm in lock their doors after a certain time. Guests have a key/keycard so they can (presumably) get in after hours. By locking the door, hotel staff and guests are kept safe(r) from riff-raff that might wander in looking for an easy theft/rape/whathaveyou. Just my two cents.

Comment

No, it's not illegal, so long as there is some way for people to get out of the building. Locking the door, as teefies notes, keeps out the riffraff -- and in the case of my hotel, it keeps out any bears who might be wandering around in the parking lot.
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Well that's just great! You hear that, Ed? Bears! Now you're putting the whole hotel in jeopardy.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
          Well that's just great! You hear that, Ed? Bears! Now you're putting the whole hotel in jeopardy.
          We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            I As an aside, I prefer that the hotel I'm in lock their doors after a certain time. Guests have a key/keycard so they can (presumably) get in after hours. By locking the door, hotel staff and guests are kept safe(r) from riff-raff that might wander in looking for an easy theft/rape/whathaveyou. Just my two cents.
            Most places where I've stayed have just such a setup. After a certain hour, at most, the front door is open and only a guest keycard will open the others.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
            X