This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four months does not equal years....

This did not happen to me, but to a coworker, and it involved the SC's ability to tell time.

[background] We started a new process where we could take specific information over the phone instead of having people send the information in via a form. As long as the person we are speaking to is the account holder and has fully verified their account information we can take the required information over the phone and send it to the necessary department.[/background]

Coworker: Sorry, ma'am, but unless we can speak to your husband we cannot update this information over the phone.

Caller: What do you mean you need to speak to my husband?! I have been calling in for years to give this information over the phone! Don't you tell me that you need to speak to him when you haven't needed to before!

Coworker: Well, ma'am, we only started taking this information over the phone four months ago, and the process in place states that we need to speak to your husband as he is the account holder.

Caller: ...uh... *click*

My coworker messaged me about the call and we both came to the same conclusion: the caller was full of shit. Not that it was that hard to figure out. I get why unauthorized callers try to pull this stuff - they figure that the agent will back down and just do whatever it is they want. But considering that we deal with health benefits and financial stuff we are bound by very strict rules. Liars can suck it.

Well, that shut her down, didn't it? I love it.

Reminds me of the people that try to insist they don't need to prepay, you always bill me!

Nope, I'm looking at your account. You've prepaid for every ad you've ever placed (all 4 of them ) and by the way we've been requiring prepayment since 2002! Shuts them up fast.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Nope, I'm looking at your account. You've prepaid for every ad you've ever placed (all 4 of them ) and by the way we've been requiring prepayment since 2002! Shuts them up fast.
      Always nice to have records! Every once in a while someone would try to pull this at the roofing company. "Well LAST time you didn't require a deposit!" First of all, yes we did, I have a copy of the check you wrote for the deposit, and second we have the right to change our policy so it doesn't matter what we did before. We would keep records of options we recommended and made them initial yes or no, that way we had proof that they declined. It was amazing how many people would call years later and try to claim that we didn't do something in the proposal, when in fact they hadn't wanted to pay for it.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Kinda reminds me of SCs who claim "I've been waiting ages!" when we all know they only waited one minute, but to an SC a minute is the equivalent of an ice age. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X