This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I beat the ga---WTF!

This is a classic gaming rant. Feel free to skip it.

OK....as I may have mentioned before, I've been building up the classic game collection I've wanted, and not long ago scored all six Mega Man NES titles. Never had these ones when I was little.

I decided to play them in order, and up until now could not get past the "Rock Monster" in Dr Wily Stage 1 of Mega Man 1.

A couple hours ago, I popped the game in, not really intent on playing much. But I got on a roll and beat all six Robot Masters, unlocking the Dr Wily stages.

OK, now I had to knuckle down and try to beat it.

Now, has anyone seen the Angry Video Game Nerd "Game Glitches" episode?

It's a good episode. He spends a large part of it dealing with a literal "Glitch Gremlin" who makes all the games malfunction in some way. At one point, he tells a story about trying to beat Mega Man 5, and encountered a random glitch on one of the final bosses that made the fight about 10 times harder than it already was. "The Glitch Gremlin was playing dirty that night."

Well, I just had a similar thing happen, only way more infuriating.

I managed to beat the Rock Monster, and then the Clone, and the Bubbles, and whoa....there's Dr Wily!!!

I'll admit, I took advantage of a glitch that let's you land a few extra hits, but I still had to fight my way through the levels normally, and they aren't easy.

Well, the Glitch Gremlin must've been unhappy about that, because just as I destroyed Wily's machine and watched him fall to the ground, I was suddenly jumped into an empty boss chamber. The final battle music was still playing, but Mega Man was frozen in place and would not move. The game had basically crashed.

So I just put all this effort into beating the game, and got cheated out of seeing the ending!!!!

I threw the controller to the floor, shut the Nintendo off, and had to watch the ending on YouTube.

THAT was the Glitch Gremlin playing dirty.....KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 02-10-2012, 01:38 AM. Reason: KHAAAN!!!!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

I've had one better. Megaman 2; last boss can ONLY be hurt by using bubble lead, arguably the most useless weapon in the game. I ran out of weapon energy with him at ONE SLIVER of health remaining.

Scream. Howl. Thrash. Restart.

Comment

Oh man....that sucks!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Yep. Just my two cents, but if you want to check out a very solid and informative playthrough of each of the NES megaman games, check out Simply Simon's work. (he goes by 'TwinYawgmoth' on YT)

He's done 1-5 already, and is working on the latter half of 6.

Comment

Working...
        X