Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mask Covidiot (and managerial spinelessness)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate wearing a mask. I really do, but I haven't been out of my house without one in 5 months and have a collection of masks. I even have a pack of 20 disposables in my car in case I forget.

I'm on my 3rd pack of backups. I keep giving them to others that forgot theirs.

Comment

Play this for them: Stop Being An Arsehole!

Comment

They found a way to get me to willingly wear a mask when I go into places (I always wore one, it just seemed an annoyance). Then I found a Jaws mask. And actually managed to get one. Now I'm chuffed to put my mask on. It's comfortable and big enough to fit my face (as where my previous one was not). And it's Jaws. Who doesn't like Jaws? (Shut up, orcas!)
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Was that a Jaws mask, or a Jawa Mask?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
            it's a good way to make a fashion statement. Nowadays you can get any pattern you want on them. So why not have fun with it?
            Mrs. TGK just received a batch of Christmas-themed masks.
            I'll have to see if there are some anti-IRS masks for the coming tax season.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Pattern

One of the fun pattern I saw was a man with tie dye sun pattern mask, then I realized his shirt, had the same pattern, then I realized further so was his pants, socks and shoes, this man embraced the new norm.

See: https://www.google.com/search?q=rain...loth_face_mask

Comment

I'm seriously considering ordering masks with "COVER YOUR NOSE" printed on them.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  I really don't get why people have to be such babies about wearing a mask! Frankly it's a good way to make a fashion statement. Nowadays you can get any pattern you want on them. So why not have fun with it? I have 2 witchy masks, and 2 halloween ones, and I love them.
                  I'm developing an absolutely ridiculous collection of masks ... two Star Trek ones, one R2D2 one, a Halloween one, I'm waiting for the arrival of a Christmas one (to go with the two Christmas ones I bought at an office supply store), and so on. So far NO CATS but that will change soon.

I think I've mentioned this before but we've got one customer in my store who clearly doesn't realize the 1960s are long gone (hippie guy). He doesn't wear a mask because he doesn't need one because his "chakra is balanced." I mentioned this to the assistant manager and his response was that we can't force people to wear masks.

Really? And yet I'm hearing that people who don't wear masks in the common areas (of, say, apartment buildings) can be fined, and small businesses that allow unmasked people in can also be penalized. And yet the ginormous corporation I work for is allowed to be spineless ...
                  Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                  ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I have a small pack of "ugly sweater" masks on the way
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Photos! We want photos!
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It was a Jaws mask. With the exception of early Star Trek, my interest is in the sea. Not in space.

Comment

Oh, I was wondering if it was this type of Jaws mask.

(Referencing Richard Kiel's character from several 007 movies.)
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Sorry, but no, my mask is the one, the only Bruce. Click image for larger version

Name:	Jaws Mask.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	2030811

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                              Quoth Pixelated View Post
                              Photos! We want photos!
                              Ask, and ye shall receive

Click for full-size.
                              Yes, the ones in the first pic really did come with little red ribbons sewn onto them (I did not expect this).
                              I didn't align the second one quite right, but I think you get the idea.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I was at the post office today. There was a huge line threading through the place and back again towards the door. I got in line (had no choice, I had to get my packages in the mail). Soon, others entered the line after me, including two elderly ladies who weren't wearing masks.

I admit I didn't notice at first; I was paying attention to the line in front of me. But apparently someone complained to the post office manager, as he came by with a package of disposable masks and offered a mask to each of the women.

Well! They weren't having any of that! How dare that uppity young man demand that they obey the state order and wear a mask! The manager was too nice for his own good, but there were others in the line who were mumbling about the two women. Finally I said, "It's because of selfish people like you that my uncle died from COVID!"

I don't know if they actually heard me, they didn't respond. But they did put on the masks.

Really, we shouldn't have to do this. How excruciatingly difficult is it to put a piece of fabric across your nose and mouth?! Over 300,000 in the USA have died from COVID, and the vast majority of those deaths were totally needless. How many more have to die before stupid, selfish people realize that wearing a mask might be a good idea?!

Argh, this really grinds my gears!
                                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                                My LiveJournal
                                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X