X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
    Romanza's Team
    "Yeah, like I said. You get a bit used to it, at best."

Romanza keeps leading them towards what Joey probably recalls as the garage/parking area. They're soon taking a car out and heading South into Virginia.
    As they moved out toward Virginia, Joey considered telling Fred as much as he knew about the Virginia killing of this particular hobgoblin. There would have been some info already available back at the FEND facility.

He ended up not doing so, however. Part of it was his own personal bias when it came to reading scenes. He preferred to go in cold, so as not to color his "insights" with existing data.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Fred too preferred to go in cold, so that he could let his mind wander and pick up everything it could. At first the ride was very dull. Every sign he passed permanently etched into his mind..at least there was very little chance he would ever get lost somewhere. Unless of course he was drugged, passed out, or such.

As the landscape zipped by, suddenly the landscaped seemed to drop away. His temple pulsed, his eyes got that far away look. Trees, he was surrounded by trees..and moving fast. He was..running? That couldn't be right..he was in a car...then a white and black two story house loomed ahead. It was a bit in disrepair..but it could be anywhere. It was getting dark, so it was evening..and there is a light in the window.

Closer..looking right in the window. A man..sort of big..wearing a white t-shirt, big beer belly..balding. A woman..house robe..curlers..cooking. A young girl, wearing headphones. He focused on the girl. Glee..he felt glee..but hatred at the same time. Why was he so short? He ducked just in time to avoid the guys sight..hears some yelling. Had he been caught? No..guy was yelling about food...

Suddenly he was back in the car..his vision causing him some pain. He groans in pain, almost doubling over. "I think..I think it is about to strike .. somewhere. I can't see where though."
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Romanza's Team
        She stops the car and turns around to look at him. "You saw something? Describe it. Anything you can tell me."
        » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

• Quoth Chanlin View Post
          Doyle nods to Sarah, "Dat's been my plan from da get go lass."
          "I'd say just give me the replacements and let me take care of it at will."
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Fred nods. "Two story, ranch style house. Older, made of wood. Mostly white, with black trimming. A porch in the front, complete with one of those old wooden bench swings. It is in a secluded spot, no other houses around. A field clearing, roughly two acres by two acres then surrounded by trees. Grey truck, one of those old fords..type made of metal. Never saw the license though, not even a little of it. One thing that might really help is that it has a tool shed beside it..looks new."

He proceeds to describe the shed, and the objects in the yard in detail. How many windows the house has, the road leading to the house (gravel), and the apparent age of the house.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Romanza's Team
              Romanza pulls out a phone and dials. "Research? Can you get Miss Kher for me? I think I need some very quick cross-referencing done."

She's soon repeating Fred's descriptions to the person on the phone, letting him correct her as needed.

"See if there's anything you can come up with there, considering his typical distance between attacks."

Comment

• "You're as bad as Black with these requests, Romanza." Anybody close to the phone would hear some rapid tapping, with some muttered curses. "You know, it moves faster than anything else available, yet it's still too slow. But I've got a possibility in western Maryland. I'll text you the coordinates. Anything else you need? I'm going to be offline for a bit while I test a new artifact."
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

• Romanza's Team
                  "No one is ever as bad as Black, and technically they're Anomalous Objects. But don't shut everyone out completely. I might need you again before we're done here."

She gets back out onto the road and keeps heading the same direction, but speeding now. But soon takes a turn towards the Interstate.

Comment

• Quoth KabeRinnaul View Post
                    Lochdubh, Scotland
                    The younger agent, the one who'd been ready to draw outside, looks to his partner as though for approval, likely confirming the older is the senior agent. The older agent nods and places a pistol and what seems to be an ID or building access card on the table. The younger follows suit, but in addition he includes an American military ID.
                    "Sorry, but my key card is all you get. I was a civilian before the Foundation recruited me, and they disapprove of agents carrying around anything to link ourselves back to them. As to the rest of it, coffee, and I might surprise you," the older of the two explained.
                    Josiah smiled as he kept his trusty pistol close at hand, but made the coffee, two cups of tea, and placed a plate of skones in the warming closet of his old-fashioned cast-iron stove.
                    "Surprise me? A civie agent of Her Majesty's SIS?" Josiah chuckled. "Don't underestimate a SEAL. Ever. Your boss, Sir John Sawers, just doesn't take a hint, does he? Last time he asked me to join the "Double-Oh's" I repeated my previous answer and broke three knuckles on his left jaw." Josiah's demeanor went dark as he picked up the credentials. "Now, as for this... Foundation... of yours, I-"
                    The soft whistle of his tea-kettle told him things were ready.
                    "Come into the kitchen, gents. It'll be friendlier in there with the tea, coffee, and skones."
                    When the younger agent reached for the table, Josiah aimed the pistol again. "Ah-ah. Leave. The weapon. There, young man." When the boy drew back, Josiah cordially gestured into the kitchen.
                    "I've had too many close calls to let armed personnel remain armed in my home. Now, is this Foundation a part of Her Majesty's SIS, or the US CIA, or the FBI? If not, what is your Foundation's purpose?"

Comment

• Lochdubh, Scotland (Tyger)
                      "None of those. We're an international organization, and don't exactly answer to any governments. It was deemed generally safer that way. The Russians are the only real holdouts left. They handle everything in-house. Doesn't exactly leave us on the best terms, but I'm pretty sure they don't care. As for what we do, we handle items, beings, and events that are too outside the norm for typical responses. The men in black, if you want to think of it that way."

Comment

• "Men In Black," Josiah chuckled. Then he looked at the youth. "By the way, young man, you do realize that talisman on your neck isn't so strong as you might think? Even broken, it is still strong enough I can see it, even through your clothing. Still, its energy-type eludes me.
                        "Oh, don't be shocked. If you're MIB, you came because of my abilities to see strong paranormal energies. So, how are Jay, Kay, and Zed?"
                        Josiah gave the two a moment to nibble their blueberry scones before he pointed out the window with his cup of tea. "You will both need to offer the Fey a honeyed scone, by the way. You've parked on a mushroom circle. The Fey don't like that; don't be surprised if you have a flat tire or engine trouble, or something of that nature."

Comment

• Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                          "I'd say just give me the replacements and let me take care of it at will."
                          "Aye, it'll be your call lass wedder we make da switch or no."

Comment

• "soo....shall we all get a good night sleep? Mr Doyle I look forward to seeing you in a dress."
                            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

• Joey Monfries (Agent Newton) - w/ Romanza's Team

Something about the mention of those "Anomalous Objects" intrigued Joey as Romanza mentioned them. But at the same time, he had a suspicion that-- once they'd tracked down this hob and stopped it-- he'd be put to work learning all he could about them, using his ability.

In any case, as they were en route presumably to the hob's next target, he pulled out his FBI-issued sidearm, making sure the safety was engaged, and ejected the clip, double-checking it, then the breach and slide, making sure the gun wouldn't misfire.

It was best to be prepared.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

• Quoth Sarlon View Post
                                "soo....shall we all get a good night sleep? Mr Doyle I look forward to seeing you in a dress."
                                "Sleep sounds awesome. As does him in a dress. So bright and early then?"
                                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Working...
                                X