• Show
Clear All

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
    Hey I think you're crazy
    'Cause you just met me
    And here's your race card
    So call me racist maybe
    You sir just won the internet
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      I only remember one time someone said stuff like that at my work... It was aimed at Old Manager, who had just told this woman she couldn't use more than one of each coupon. This person had photo copied one coupon about twenty times. It says specifically "no reproductions." Anyway, she tries to say Old Manager is racist, and is very loud. After she gave up and left, onlookers basically said "racist against what?" Since everyone involved looked very white, and no one had any perceptible accents, either. It would be like if I started to yell at someone because I'm part Norwegian. You hate Vikings!
      Us Norwegian Vikings are very sensetive about that :P
      Rawr

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
        Us Norwegian Vikings are very sensetive about that :P
        Yaa, ve go all bairsarker.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Yaa, ve go all bairsarker.
          That was only with the use of Fleinsopp, Berserkergang was only for a select few, and they were looked down on by other vikings really, didn't fit in with their more civilized society. :P

And are there many "Norwegians" in the US? As in Americans who has some Norwegian ancestry.

(We got a TV show here called Alt for Norge (All for Norway) that has Americans with Norwegian ancestors come to Norway and do typical Norwegian stuff, it's hilarious :P the winner wins a big meet and greet with their remaining Norwegian family, those losing and booted from the show, still get to meet theirs, just not a big party sponored by the TV crew. )

example clip, as they get the Bunad from the area their ancestors come from. :P
          https://youtu.be/9Sx0Wr-uT0s
          Last edited by Hemily; 09-14-2015, 01:52 PM.
          Rawr

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
            And are there many "Norwegians" in the US? As in Americans who has some Norwegian ancestry.
            Norwegians colonized Scotland from the 8th Century to the 15th Century. North Carolina has more people of Scottish descent than Scotland. That means that many people in the US are of Norwegian descent.
            This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

"Hey Stop being so anti-white you racist pig"

Best answer to a race card baiter is to accuse them of being racist and put them on the defensive.

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post
                One of my favorite folksingers was playing her first gig in Utah, looked out at the crowd, and gasped, "They're all blond!"
                ... no, we just act that way ...
                The MC had to explain the large Scandinavian background hiding behind the woodpile.
                My great-great-grandmother: Hansen. Ex-Wife's Grandfather: Hansen. Best friend: Gyllenskog. Neighbor in Benson: Falslev (was generic-sen, changed to village name) ... and the bleat goes on.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Hemily View Post

example clip, as they get the Bunad from the area their ancestors come from. :P
                  https://youtu.be/9Sx0Wr-uT0s
                  And others answered, but Norwegians are the 13th largest ancestry, according to wiki. I don't think I look Norwegian, which is why I used it as any example of being ridiculous. There's a town near here and whenever I go there I'm like "everyone's blond!" it has a high Dutch population, I think.

I believe that I'm German, Norwegian, Scottish, and Bohemian. Okay, Czechoslovakian, but apparently some of my ancestors were really from the part of the Czech Republic called Bohemia. Anyway, I have medium brown hair and gray eyes.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    One of my favorite folksingers was playing her first gig in Utah, looked out at the crowd, and gasped, "They're all blond!"
                    ... no, we just act that way ...
                    The MC had to explain the large Scandinavian background hiding behind the woodpile.
                    My great-great-grandmother: Hansen. Ex-Wife's Grandfather: Hansen. Best friend: Gyllenskog. Neighbor in Benson: Falslev (was generic-sen, changed to village name) ... and the bleat goes on.
                    Yeah, Sigurd Hansen from Deadliest Catch, is from my part of Norway, and is related to my GM of our Vampire Dark Ages game, which is also a Hansen. It's a very common last name here, know several Hansens :P
                    Rawr

Comment

"They're not Swedish, Mac, they're Norwegian."

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        "They're not Swedish, Mac, they're Norwegian."

"Thousands of years ago it crashes, and this thing... gets thrown out, or crawls out, and it ends up freezing in the ice."

"I just cannot believe any of this voodoo bullshit."

"Childs, happens all the time, man. They're falling out of the skies like flies. Government knows all about it, right, Mac?"

"You believe any of this voodoo bullshit, Blair?"

"Childs, Childs... Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America. I mean, they taught the Incas everything they know."

"So, come on now, MacReady, Norwegians get ahold of this... and they dig it up out of the ice."

"Yes, Garry, they dig it up, they cart it back, it gets thawed out, wakes up - probably not the best of moods."

Comment

The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            The Thing is one of my favorite horror movies.
                            Mine, too - obviously.

Comment

Working...
                            X