This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Guy Who Lost His Mind Over An Optional $1

We're running a promotion at my store right now where we ask everyone who goes through the drive thru if they want to donate a dollar to starving children. Just a dollar. In return they get a coupon for a dessert. (The cheapest dessert we have, from what I can tell, is more than a dollar. It's actually us running a charity, really.)

Most people say no, some people say yes, and everyone moves on with their life.

This guy decided not to.

See, here's a tip for you people: we can all hear you. Not only are the headphones VERY loud, loud enough that everyone near the person who has a headphone (in our store it's a mandatory two people, the person taking orders and a person running backline), but there's actually a speaker so LITERALLY can all hear whomever is speaking in the car outside.

Don't be a rude dumbass. It's not anonymous. (I know you all know this, but tiny PSA, and explanation as to why I, the Fry Girl, know exactly what this man said to the order-taker.)

Guy: You gonna donate four dollahs to me?
    Order-taker: No, sir, I won't.
    Guy: Then quit askin' me to donate money to yah!

They complete the transaction, and the guy pulls up to the window. The Drive Thru Runner comes up to give him his food and take his cash. I like this girl fine, and I work with her pretty closely as I do Morning Prep with her.

He immediately starts screaming and cursing at her. None of us can hear quite what he's saying--except the girl, of course. Our boss, who legitimately has a personality disorder, immediately turns his ire on the customer. He tells the girl "Step away from the window. No, STEP AWAY." The girl does so, and he goes to the customer. "Sir, you're not getting food from us today. No, you heard me." (We haven't taken any money from him yet.) "Leave." The guy speeds off.

I double-checked with the Order-taker later, and I'm like "that was just one dollar, right?"

Him: Yeah.

Me: and he lost his freaking shit.

I would like to meet this guy, this courageous man who took a stand against corporate greed in the name of so-called charity, and who righteously scolded a fast food worker for her part in this money-grubbing scheme of your establishment. I'd like to meet him, shake his hand, thank him for his brave actions and words, and give him that dollar.

And then I'd like to tape it to the end of a cattle prod and ram it up his ass while simultaneously turning the rusty vice his balls would be pinned in. All the while thanking him for his part in the battle against such shenanigans. Without brave men like him, where might this country be?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Shouldn't people be humiliated to lose their freaking mind over such small potatoes? Surely your time and sanity is worth more than that, mine is. >.<

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I would like to meet this guy, ........ (snippage) Without brave men like him, where might this country be?
        +1 this, definitely. It's one thing to decline donating a dollar, but to turn into a raging asshole is quite another.

Comment

It takes a special kind of asshole to get upset over charity.........
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            It takes a special kind of asshole to get upset over charity.........
            It takes a special kind of asshole to deny money to charity because the kids it'd be for are "all dead anyway."

(God, I still wanna punch that Skeevy Creep in the face over that.)
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

After he said "Then quit askin' me to donate money to yah!" I would've said "I'm required to." I've said it in relation to credit apps.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

And it takes a special kind of STUPID asshole to be abusive when refusing a charitable donation where the business gives anyone who donates an item worth more than the donation.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I don't like all the donation requests either. Or the upsell, or promoting credit card apps, or promoting so-called "free" magazines, etc. But gee, I simply say no thank you and both myself and the cashier move on with our day.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

None of us like saying it either--which you know. The brief time I was cashier at this place, the big stress on me was the number of things I HAD to say to the customers, and that I'd get yelled at if I didn't. I had to greet everyone in "the corporate way." I had to direct everyone to the promotional sandwich. I had to ask them if everything on their screen looked correct. (In my experience, if everything didn't, they'd say something. People are watching you. But okay, fine.) And then I had to work in "happy to help" somewhere in there, because now we are the "happy to help" people. Actually, everyone is supposed to say that, even to each-other.

We are supposed to try each "section" of the store once during training. I broke down during cashier during my second day (they must have figured I did fine my first day) and just spit out half of the corporate phrases until it was all a jumble. Then begged the boss to keep me on the backline forever, which he has.

Comment

I hate asking for donations personally because people can be so nasty. We usually have a prom where if you donate a dollar you can save 20 percent and they still get mad.

Comment

In other words, you asked him for $1 and he acts like someone is taking his car? I don't understand some people sometimes.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Assholes are everywhere, unfortunately. WTF is wrong with some people?

I get asked stuff like this all the time. If I can spare the money, I say sure. If not, I say not this time. That's it, it's over, I pay for my stuff and leave, and the cashier probably breathes a sigh of relief that I didn't go apeshit about it.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

WE don't have to ask for anything thank goodness. The only time I had to was when I worked in wholesale, and had to ask for the customer's friends' names (so we could call them and sell em stuff) most pple said "no" but some said NOOOOOOOOOooooooooo like I was asking for their blood type or ssn or something. Just a simple no will do.
                            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                            X