Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked the food-court area at the Warehouse I'd get a few customers who told me to smile, sometimes I didn't say anything directly, did not smile, and asked what they wanted in a "order what you want to eat, pay, and get away from me" tone with a "I dare you to ask again" look.

Then there were a couple of times I stared at them and told them that they were very rude and very offensive for telling me "to smile" and that I hoped that my response was the worst they would ever get for telling someone "to smile". Because sometimes there are reasons why someone isn't smiling or joking or being cheerful and if they were told to smile, they might just say or do something worse.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      In person, they talk to you like they'd talk to a dog. "How you doin'? You doin' good? Good girl!"
      I get crap like that when I'm on register (usually when they're trying to get me to do something against policy), and fools thinking they can whistle, gesture and yell to get my attention on SCO (at times I am so tempted to start barking at some of them).

I've noticed that it tends to happen more when my hair's getting long (below my ears); if my hair's short I don't get the asshats as much. I can also claim ignorance if an uberjerk calls me "sir" (no, I didn't know s/he wanted help, they were asking for a man ).
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X