This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Mama don't work here

At the motel I work audit at we have quite a few guests who feel it is okay to make messes in the breakfast room without the need to clean up after themselves - or the very least come let me know there is a mess.

Here is what they do:

1. Leave cereal all over the counter.

2. Spilled eggs and sausages all over the floor and left it.

3. Leave tongs and spoons in the warmers and then leave the lids open.

4. Leave cup of left over waffle batter on counter - I mean there is a trash can.

5. Leave garbage on tables.

It is mildly annoying to come in and clean up after these slobs.

I take a small issue with your title as my mother would never let me get away with half the nonsense in the OP.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

...and your daddy don't rock and roll.

Comment

Jeez, and I grab a napkin and wipe up the little drops of half & half I spill when I put the stuff in my coffee at work!

Some people are slobs.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ya we get those occasionally too. Then we get Helga (remember her?) who comes up and screams at us about the horrid mess and flounces out to go to a restaurant "where things are clean." No skin off my back lady, more for me (we're allowed to eat leftovers).
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

The break room at my work used to have a note which said to clean up after yourself because none of us are maids. We also used to have a bunch of mugs and spoons but nobody would ever wash them, so they got rid of them. I saved one, and now have to hide it or else it will be dirty in the sink every. single. day.

At a hotel breakfast area I'm sure it's much worse. People act like spoiled kids whenever they can.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Heh. I used to tell my children that M-O-M did NOT equal M-A-I-D, and they had perfectly good arms and legs, and I expected them to clean up after themselves.... If the 2 year old could help me unload the dish washer, then the older ones could do ANYTHING, (as long as they got off their collective asses).

Comment

Ugh. Some hotel guests have no decency whatsoever. They think "staff" = "slave" and are there to clean up constantly, like they have nothing else to do. Sometimes I can't tell if they deliberately make bad messes, or are just appallingly thoughtless.

Don't even get me started on the guests who handle the bread products with their bare hands, ignoring the tongs that are right there in front of the breadbox...!

(I don't work at a hotel, but I've stayed in several of them. And yes, I'm a nice guest who cleans up her own messes.)
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Sounds like the same people who let their kids scatter blocks/magnets/puzzle pieces in the children's room at the library, tear up the shelves, and then leave without cleaning up after themselves.

Comment

Or the "let's just throw stuff we've decided we don't want in any random location, including the floor" shopper, who can also double as "let the kids play with toys and books and leave them all over the aisles".
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      I take a small issue with your title as my mother would never let me get away with half the nonsense in the OP.
                      And that would not go over at all at my house.

I have enough to clean up as it is . . . I don't need any more messes. Cats I can understand having to clean up after, they can be messy eaters sometimes.

But humans in my house, that's another mattevgr entirely. Either make an attempt to clean it up yourself or I am using your head for a mop and your butt for a broom.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X