Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helga and the Room of Doom (or Why do Inconsiderate People Always Have Money?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Helga is routinely violating hotel policy (i.e. checkout time), can't she be "upgraded" from CZ to DNR, at least for your branch?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

To be completely honest if that happened to me, I'd give y'all the WORST review imaginable.

Comment

Is it odd that I wanted the title to be 'Helga and the Roomba of Doom'?
        Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
          Is it odd that I wanted the title to be 'Helga and the Roomba of Doom'?
          That would be appropriate since this situation sucks.
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
            That would be appropriate since this situation sucks.
            Thanks for the giggle I needed that today. Missed the train by 1 minute this morning and had to drive the Clunker in on busy highways.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I've thought about getting into the hotel business for years. When I was little my grandparents took me on a lot of trips and one of my favorite parts of going on these trips happened to be all the hotels we stayed in. There's something about hotels/motels that fascinates me and I've thought that maybe I'd feel right at home by working in one.

... until I started coming to this forum From reading all the shit the hotel workers here have had to put up with I now have a tremendous amount of respect for anybody who works in the hotel industry.

Comment

Quoth Totiono View Post
                From reading all the hotel workers here have had to put up with I now have a tremendous amount of respect for anybody who works in the hotel industry.
                I treat hotel workers with respect for that reason. Also, I realize I might have to go back to their hotels in the near future.

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                Thanks for the giggle I needed that today. Missed the train by 1 minute this morning and had to drive the Clunker in on busy highways.
                I'm glad I could help.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Update: I saw her walk out the door TODAY. It's Wednesday. Her reservation was for last Friday night. She squatted (so to speak) for 5 GODDAMN DAYS! Seriously, if you need that many nights, EFFING BOOK THEM. You'll actually get charged LESS because the longer you stay, the lower the nightly rate is. Sheesh.

From reading all the shit the hotel workers here have had to put up with I now have a tremendous amount of respect for anybody who works in the hotel industry.
                  Despit eall my griping, it really isn't bad. If you're a certain type of person (for example, an extreme extrovert with a lot of natural empathy), it can be a good fit, especially if you have a manger who knows his butt from a hole in ground (as I do). You have to genuinely like people and have faith in the basic goodness of humanity to do this job. So far nothing has been able to shake me up too bad. For every Helga there are 20 Sweet Susans I love seeing come in the door.
                  Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-10-2015, 03:37 AM.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                    This just isn't right, but until management puts down its foot this will continue to happen.

And I am shocked with all that going on you could find someone another room in the area, any sort of room. Which reminds me of a story...

Many MANY moons ago a certain hotel chain (rhymes with Boliday Kin) had a policy where if they were full they would find you a room nearby. We'd been driving all day and I can't remember exactly where we were but we stopped for the night. No rooms. Guy makes two calls (or maybe just pretends to make two calls, I was never sure). Nothing available. "Sorry!" the clerk said.

"That's it?" my father asked. We left and kept driving. He later wrote both that hotel and corporate, never heard a word from either. But that policy quickly disappeared...
                    So THAT'S why people came expecting a room when we're full! Stupid Boliday Inn and their policies. Here at Hellton I had so many people whining about a room when we were full. There's no policy in that situation but the manager said that we could do it if we weren't busy. Guess what, full ='s BUSY! Stupid other hotels! Hisss!!
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Ugh, I don't envy you having to deal with DU parents and students. That's a whole special brand of entitlement there. I say this as a DU degree holder who gets to burst the bubbles of every work study who calls me looking for donations. Heh.

Comment

DU students haven't been too bad so far. Today's teens are a bit different. The 18 year olds who are starting college now watched their families get drop-kicked by The Great Recession and seem to be less entitled as a result. They DIDN'T get everything handed to them because their parents couldn't afford it.

Comment

Working...
                        X