Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really looking forward to watching Arga's friends give Broncos fans a ride out of our neighborhood a few days ago, but the complex shut the gate, which was enough to deter the "hey, Parking! It's an apartment complex lot, but that doesn't mean anything...right" people. Nobody was determined enough to force the gate or try to drive through the fence. Didn't even see anyone on the sidewalk. Poop.

*This is in response to someone who said he was watching the tow drivers at work. Not trying to thread jack.
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-18-2015, 04:26 AM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
      What about if the collecter is drunk?
      Quoth Argabarga View Post
      We still have no legal right to detain.
      Hopefully a call to 911 would be in order here...

And if the tags/mechanical inspection/tax sticker are dead have Officer Friendly nearby when they leave...

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Hopefully a call to 911 would be in order here...

And if the tags/mechanical inspection/tax sticker are dead have Officer Friendly nearby when they leave...
        Yeah, have Officer Friendly standing by outside for if they drive off while under the influence, or with the expired tags or what not.

Would it still count as a tow if you can just push it back into the lot after Officer Friendly takes the mensa member away?

Comment

Well, it would no longer be under parking laws, so the scale of charges would be different - but it might well be a police impound from that point on.

Comment

Actually, it would be another impound, and, we could legally charge another $130 to yank it back into the lot, it's going more than one car-length after all.

There's no "could', we've done it before, for people who left here for illegal parking, and came back later via PD-request for MORE illegal parking, or DUI, or hit-and-run, or, in one notable case, high-speed chase.

Illegal parkers is da crazzzzzzzzzzzzziest peoples!
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"High-speed chase"?

I smell another story. Spill!

Comment

Already been spilt in one of the Files.... can't remember which one.

For those without the time to research it, the long and short was a person was towed in for illegal parking, they raised a holy stink over the fact they got towed for illegal parking, and, unbeknown to us, were apparently a bit high on some substance at the time. When it came time to leave the impound, they struck another car, and, knowing they did it, drove off. We called the cops, they, resisted, being pulled over, until they made a wrong turn into a commercial parking lot with no other way out and the cops boxed them in.

The were arrested, the car was tossed, the drugs found (enough for a possession w/ intent charge) and we got the car, again.

Comment

I have an ArgaBro story to share Our parking lot is clearly marked "NO overnight parking". Last week, Tank, who notices everything, noticed that a car had parked overnight. Tank is a nice guy, so he put a note on the car warning that the car would be towed the next day if it wasn't moved. The car wasn't moved the next morning, so Tank called the towing company.

ArgaBro arrived and hooked up the car. The car owner suddenly appeared and going by the yelling was refusing to pay the unhook fee. ArgaBro was professional until said idiot car owner took a swing at him.

Right in front of a man armed with pepper spray, Taser and a gun. Tank actually hesitated a couple of seconds because he couldn't believe how stupid this was, and then tased the idiot. Its really good that Tank was there, idiot would have come out a lot worse because ArgaBro was ready to do a beat-down with a big ol' wrench and none of us eye witnesses would have blamed him and might not have seen a thing.

Idiot got some bracelets and a trip to the gray bar hotel compliments of the local police. Tank grumbled about the paperwork. My boss showed me how to access the room with the cameras and how to dub the disc for the authorities. ArgaBro towed the car.

Comment

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
                    ArgaBro story.
                    Knowing Arga, he would object to the "Bro" attached to his moniker. But that's a funny story anyway.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Apologizes to Arga. I didn't know what to call the nice tow truck driver who showed up.

In other news, Tank bent over during the encounter. Big Boss lady came out to see why all of her employees were drooling on the windows and we were honest with her. She looked out and then came out with a sign that said, "Windows are soiled, do not touch. Janitors, please clean."

Comment

I hate Bros.

Hate em'

Hate em'

Hate em'

HATE them

My inner-woman hates em' even MORE.

Comment

As a bartender, I find bros amusing. Because they generally make use of their few brain cells to be smart enough to not argue with the bartender. Because you can never win when you argue with the bartender.

As one older, Harley-riding bro said to another at my bar the other day, "Don't argue with the bartender. You can't win. He pours your drinks."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Bartenders are gods.
                            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                              Bartenders are gods.
                              Close. They are high priests to Grog-Boozith, From Whom All Nectar Flows.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Jay, don't argue. We're gods. Go with it. (Though I appreciate the sentiment.)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X