This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy really loves his beer

He came in my line on a scooter thing with just a case of bottled beer. I shouldn't really pick those up, so I did what I normally do with cases of bottled beverages: I turned out upside-down (gently) and proceeded to put the bag over it and put it back upright. Then he could take it from the corner. He immediately scolded me "Dint turn my bet upside-down, girl!" OK, I'm no girl. I'm 41. Anyway, I apologized because I'm nice and said that because I can't lift them, next time I would get help to bag it. That was met with "There won't be a next time." Good, 'cause I don't need his attitude. He could've explained nicely why not to do that. I actually didn't know why it ess a problem until my co-worker told me. She said he was already mad at her because alcohol is clear back at the far reach of the store.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I still don't know why he got mad. *looks at site name* Oh. Right.

Comment

Co-worker said something about her wanted to drink it right away and it would be really foamy?

Comment

Beer afficionado here. And I'm calling bullshit on it. Unless you handled the case roughly, there should be no extra foamage. If you simply turned it gently, or even vaguely gently, or even slightly roughly, it's not gonna matter. By the time he gets it home and cracks it open, it would have settled from that minor shakeage. Even if he lived next to your store. Unless you were really rough or actually shook it hard.

In short, your coworker was wrong, and the customer was a douche.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Geeze, you'd have to shake the thing like a really unbalanced wash machine on a tilt-a-whirl before you can foam it up extra. At least that's what I get from the idiots around here, given they toss their unopened beer at each others' heads before opening them. The beer, that is. Not the heads. There's nothing to damage or foam inside those heads...
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

So I guess he was just mad that he had to go all the way to the back of the store.

Comment

And sometimes, people just need a reason to be sucky.

I once had a woman comment in a put-off tone, "What, you're too lazy to pick it up?" This was in reference to a boxed small bookcase that probably weighed 20 -30 pounds. I used the hand scanner to scan it and then pleasantly told her she could place it back in the cart. That's when she commented. I wanted to tell her that bulky-ass heavy things were difficult to manage and not worth twisting and injuring my back, which is something I'd done before at work. And oh by the way, NOTICE THE WRIST BRACE ON MY HAND?? Maybe there was a reason I didn't pick it up. But sure, all of us retail peons are just lazy.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Well the beer is going to be shook up by sitting in a scooter on the way home anyway.

Comment

I find it funny that I don't get more complaints in regards to how roughly I scan in beer ... because I am sure that would 'fiz' them up more then what you did to that guys beer. (in our blue store we have a #items to scan target to reach)

instead I just get complaints that I am bruising their fruit -.-;

Comment

And yesterday the swamp received its first shipment of beer.

*rubs temples*
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      And yesterday the swamp received its first shipment of beer.

*rubs temples*
                      You poor thing.

Comment

Oh, Irv--I'm sorry.

Comment

The car ride home is rougher than anything a cashier is going to do to your precious groceries, aside from maybe just smashing them with a giant Mario Party Hammer because you pissed them off.
                          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

First, my condolences to you and your co-irkers, Irv. As to the shaking beer up, yes, it takes a lot. I have to turn glass bottle 6 packs (gently) onto their side just about every time I work, and I hve yet to see any of them get fizzy or foamy. The one time I had a problem was when one of the bottles fell out several years ago, and managed to open in the process. A simple switch to a nice, clean 6-pack solved that, though.
                            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

From what I could tell, we've sold two 12-packs of Bud Light and a case of Busch in the last two days.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X