This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U Mad Bro?

Hubs and I took Little Ara out today to get some pizza and go play in the water fixture at the park nearby. Total distance between the two, about three miles. Not much at all. We got to the pizza place without incident, Little Ara stuffed herself with pizza and bits of chicken wing, and we headed out. We had driven maybe a mile and were about to come to a red light when I noticed Hubs getting agitated. As we pulled up to the light, I heard a loud HONK behind us. I turned around to see a bunch of kids, maybe 15-17 in age, packed into a jacked-up red pickup truck less than a foot from the spare tire, one of them leaning out the window giving us the finger.

Now, I mentioned we had driven a mile. In that time, besides pulling out of the parking lot, we had not changed lanes, slowed or stopped suddenly, or pulled any maneuvers that could have been deemed stupid. The light turned green and Hubs gunned it down the road, doing his best to stay in front of them as they weaved through traffic while I yelled at him to stop it (which, in hindsight, wasn't the best idea, it just got him even more agitated).

We turned onto the road with the park and they followed us, now two cars back. Hubs suspected, as did I, that they were waiting for us to stop so they could get out and start a fight, so we went past the park and turned down a side road hoping to lose them. They turned into the park, and as we circled around I convinced Hubs to calm down and go to the park, as we had promised Little Ara time in the water. The idiots were driving around the parking lot slowly, though right as we pulled into a space they left.

In the end, Little Ara got to enjoy her time in the water, especially because a bunch of other kids were there for a birthday party so she had someone to play with. Now here's a picture of her being silly, with her dress from yesterday around her neck and the matching shorts on her head (she tries to dress herself and doesn't do too well).

Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20150829_212339.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	2033629
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Yer Hubs didn't do anything, and didn't need to do a thing. These idiots were just being assholes, and apparently spoiling for some sort of confrontation.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Is it possible to report a license plate number to the police? I mean, would they do anything?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

It may depend on the local cops, but I think they can at least take a statement. If the owner turns out to have an outstanding warrant/unpaid ticket/etc then knowing where they tend to hang out/shop might be of interest to them...THE most useful thing, if yer car is equipped for it, would be a dashboard camera. If you can record someone ahead of you driving recklessly (etc), having a copy of that could come in quite handy for the po-po.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

If we had gotten their license plate, my grandpa actually works for the PD there so I could have it taken care of quickly, especially if they had a record...

We've considered getting a dash cam mostly for insurance/CYA purposes, but haven't gotten around to it yet. And maybe it'll convince Hubs to try to drive a little safer.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

next time drive to nearest police station and they'll disappear fast

Comment

Working...
            X