This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random little bits

Just been remembering a couple of little things I remembered just now.

In the cinema one day, I got a call, we had an automated system, but we also took direct calls from people (mainly asking me to list all the films, and their times) So I get one, a guy wanting to book tickets with me, over the phone, on his card, fine, no problem. I tell him the price.

"I've got a 2 for 1 voucher" (coupon)
    "I'm afraid I can't take vouchers over the phone, I need to see them to check they are valid"
    "THAT'S F***ING RIDICULOUS, I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER"
    "Then I suggest you calm down and phone back, goodbye"
    phone goes down.

I once got two teenage girls, trying to get into an 18 rated movie, with no ID, not going to happen, and 18 rated movie for me, means instant ID check if even slightly unsure. So they whine, and complain, and go off. About 5 minutes later, they return with their mother, who says to me "Look, they're old enough to see this film"
    "Without photographic identification, with their dates of birth, I cannot let them in"
    "I'm their mother, I wouldn't lie"
    "Maybe not, but a lot do"
    At this point the two girls are flipping me the finger, and one decides to call me an idiot
    "I won't be selling them any tickets anymore after that."
    "Fine, get your manager"

The manager, a guy who doesn't really deserve that title, given how useless he is, come down, and speaks to the woman, then comes to me.

"OK, put them through"
    "Do they have ID?"
    "She brought their birth certificates"
    "Where's the photo on a birth certificate, that could belong to anyone"
    "Doesn't matter, I'm letting them in"
    "Well, I'm not"

Great thing, I was the only person on box at the time, only one till on, and nobody, not even managers are allowed to use our tills, he had to go nd explain that he would have to put on his own till to sell the tickets. So off he goes, to get it.

Ten minutes pass, and he finally comes down, selling them the tickets, I'm standing at my till, counting notes to send up the chute, it's quiet, because the films have gone in, After he sells them tickets with no ID I hear the lady say thank you, assume it's him she's saying it to, and keep my head down, until the manager tells me to stop ignoring the lady. Turns out she's standing there with this smug look on her face, expecting me to say goodbye, which i grudgingly do then get back to work. He later complained that I was extremely rude to a customer, which the general manager didn't believe.

That later story.. what a dick of a manager.
    Obviously a firm believer in the customer is always right, despite the legal implications of it all. I'd love to see him squirm if people like that turned out to be the media with a hidden camera..
    - Boochan

Comment

Okay, the part that really gets me is she brought their birth certificates but they didn't have ID?? I mean, who carries that stuff around with them?

Comment

Working...
      X