This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another case of RTFM

I am SO sick of customers bringing in 'faulty' bikes because they're too lazy to read the manual/check for parts before assembling a bike...

ALL our bikes come with assembly instructions, which are located in a small box (inside the obviously much larger box the bike comes in) which also contains the PEDALS, and, in many cases, the quick-release mechanism for the front wheel.

For those who don't know, the quick release is basically a metal rod that runs through a hollow axle on the wheel which has a lever on one end - flip the lever, wheel comes off, no need for spanners etc. So very easy. Of course, as the front wheel doesn't come assembled, the quick release needs to be attached first.

I have lost count of the number of customers who have called the store/brought a bike back in claiming the wheel does not fit the forks, or complaining that they can't remove the wheel nuts... we've actually had one or two people force the nuts off (no small feat of strength, even with a clamp and a fair bit of leverage) and some people attempting to bend the sodding forks in an attempt to get the wheel to fit, thereby damaging the bike (irreparably in most cases).

And would you believe, my asshat managers would 99% of the time cave almost immediately and replace the bike? I mean, wtf? No fault of ours, not a manufacturing fault... we wouldn't replace the bike if they took a mallet to it, so why do we if they force the forks together? Even when (in at least one case) the customer ADMITS to not reading the instructions?

Meh. I have a new manager now, who so far seems to be less of a small child, eager to please the suck-tard customers who the old managers adopted as some kind of surrogate parents. Hopefully the next time this happens I can count on him to tell them to RTFM and GTFO :P
    ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

I wouldn't count on it. Many retail managers are specially bred sheeple ... cross-bred between type A micromanagers and especially soft jellyfish.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Being fair, most corporations or companies have adopted a management style of "RESPOND TO ANYTHING WITH A FIX OR ELSE" policy. It's hard to be tough on idiots when a complaint brings six months of watchful eyes.

Comment

Working...
      X