This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Logic

Our busiest days of the week are always Tuesdays, and every now and then it's a Wednesday. I figured out why it was so busy one day when an SC called in and had to wait 5 minutes, because there were forty people ahead of him. He got upset and said "I call on Tuesday so that I don't have to deal with the Monday rush, why aren't you people picking up the phones?"
    I explained to him that we have extra staff on Tuesdays, because it's the busiest day of the week. His response "Why is that? Everyone knows Mondays are the busiest, that's why I call on Tuesdays!" Well, so does everyone else who "knows" that Mondays are the busiest days.

Another bit of SC Logic, is that the last twenty minutes of the day is always the busiest, why you ask? I get this whenever they have to wait in line to have their calls picked up at 7:58pm on a Friday. "Why is it taking so long to get my order placed, it's so late on a Friday, I waited until now so I wouldn't have to deal with the other customers!" Well, other customers are doing the exact same thing you are, waiting until the end of the day, so they can be served first, which of course backs up the phone lines, because people aren't very original.

I have a customer that calls in on the same day, around the same time, it's always Thursday afternoon around 1pm, he knows that our lunches are over, and no one is calling in, and he's very polite if he has to wait in line. He knows when not to call, and even if he does have to wait, it doesn't seem to bother him.

You have to call on Tuesday because Monday's really busy. Everyone knows that! (which is of course why everone calls on Tuesdays)

Comment

SC Logic
      You do realize that's an oxymoron, I hope. You know, like "Nonstick glue" or "Clean dirt."
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

In terms of my salad bar, Monday IS the busiest day. Nearly four and a half years into this sentence, and I still don't know why.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Another Tuesday, and another bunch of deedee-dees.

"Dur, me am upset, me am want order first, me am no care me am wait in line, dur."

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
            Another Tuesday, and another bunch of deedee-dees.

"Dur, me am upset, me am want order first, me am no care me am wait in line, dur."
            Is that you, Bizarro Rattslinger? :P
            ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Quoth fish3k1 View Post
              Is that you, Bizarro Rattslinger? :P
              Me am no Bizzaro, me am original Rattslinger!

Comment

I don't know who this SC deals with, Tuesday is always the high volume day in our call center.
                Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

Quoth Rattslinger View Post
                  Another bit of SC Logic, is that the last twenty minutes of the day is always the busiest, why you ask? I get this whenever they have to wait in line to have their calls picked up at 7:58pm on a Friday. "Why is it taking so long to get my order placed, it's so late on a Friday, I waited until now so I wouldn't have to deal with the other customers!" Well, other customers are doing the exact same thing you are, waiting until the end of the day, so they can be served first, which of course backs up the phone lines, because people aren't very original.
                  I HATE this. I work from 3pm until midnight, and SO many people can't get it through their thick skulls that they are not doing us a favor by waiting until 9 at night to call in 20 low priority cases. We have minimal staff (I'm talking 2 people on the phones) and after hours is for EMERGENCIES. If we're slow, I might be nice and let you email me the details so I can open tickets in my downtime, but I will not hesitate to remind you that you shouldn't be calling if it isn't an emergency, and I will have no problem making you wait for 2 hours while I get to your stuff as I can, if it's not an emergency.

There might not be as many calls after hours, hence the much smaller staff, but the majority of the calls we do get should be emergencies.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

I've noticed that with the mail. The guys at the plant usually just do first class on Mondays and then we get everything that was held back on Tuesdays... Makes me glad when I have Tuesday off every six weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X