Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad has a nice telescope. He was out looking at Saturn one night, when three teens come by. He shows them Saturn, they are awed. They are talking about space and planets, and then the Apollo missions. This was just a few montsh after Apollo 13 came out, and my dad was talking about the real Apollo 13. These teens are just staring at him slack jawed, and one of them said "You mean that sh*t really happened?"

This is when my father started to loose faith in the next generation.
    Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Yeah, spoilers for me are anything before you can buy it on DVD. At that point it has been in theatres, for rent, and possibly even on PPV and HBO. Unless you tell me 'don't say anything', at that point the movie plot/quotes/ending are fair game.

Comment

I don't really care if someone spoils things for me.

'Cause I'll have forgotten by the next day, anyway.

Otherwise, my suspension of disbelief is absolute if it's a well-written/produced whatever. That goes as far as for me to completely ignore any knowledge I have outside the story itself.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like knowing what happens in a movie. That way I get to see how the writers got to it without having to see it multiple times to figure it out.
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth evilhomer View Post
            And let me be the first to apologize to you Becky. I'll be more careful next time.
            It's all good.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

How about starting to tell a joke by pre-empting with "Well - you know Mahatma Ghandi?"...
              "No - who's he?"
              "You know - Ghandi... peace and civil rights activist in India?...."
              "nope - never heard of him".

<sigh>
              When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
              X