Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to insult or minimalize those here from the south. My state has large areas of nothingness inhabited by people only slightly smarter than the "867ers" from Nunavut. Most of them were born and bred here, yet they talk with a southern drawl even though they've never left the state. Those are the nitwits that I was trying to insult, not southerners.
    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

40 degrees is cold? That's what it has been here lately. It's fucking tropical compared to just how awful and cold this winter has been!

That guy needed to grow a pair and put on a fucking jacket. And maybe not show up so early before opening.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Whyme View Post
        I'm wondering if I should introduce them, but I would hate to break the kids stereotype of what he thinks black people talk like
        Oh, do it, do it please! Get it on tape so we can see, too. Come on, SHARE THE LOVE! <3
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth theredbaron47 View Post
          Evil Queen summed it up nicely. I was going to say something like that, but didn't know how to phrase it.

Thank you.
          You're welcome dear.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            40 degrees is cold?
            I don't think it's too bad, but standing around outside needs a coat or something.

Quoth blas87 View Post
            That guy needed to grow a pair and put on a fucking jacket. And maybe not show up so early before opening.
            Or he could just sit in his damn truck 'til we opened.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post

PJ: If I don't fix this today I can't go to church tomorrow.
              Hmmm... Once, when I couldn't get my car to start, I, get this, WALKED to church. It took me about 30 minutes, sure, but I really wanted to be there.

You gots ta have MOTIVATION, brotha!

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I'm not trying to insult or minimalize those here from the south. My state has large areas of nothingness inhabited by people only slightly smarter than the "867ers" from Nunavut. Most of them were born and bred here, yet they talk with a southern drawl even though they've never left the state. Those are the nitwits that I was trying to insult, not southerners.
                That's okay, I was once profoundly shocked to meet a NY'er who embodied my NYC stereotypes. I mean, they're stereotypes, no one is really like that, right? She lived up, or maybe down, to all the stereotypes that I had ever heard or learned. Blew my mind.
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Another religious jackwad came in today to the remedial counter.

This was relayed to me by the individual who dealt with it.

CW: Coworker

JW: JackWad

JW: I need a mirror for my Silverado. I broke it backing out of the garage.

CW: Do you have your VIN?

JW: No I do not, but it shouldn't be a problem. It's just a mirror.

CW: Sir, there are about 20 different kinds of mirrors for a truck. I really need your VIN to get the correct one.

JW: Are you telling me that I can't do business here?

CW: I'd love to do business with you, I just want to be sure I get the right part the first time.

JW: Jesus will smite you for this. <leaves>

For the rest of the day I asked him "Been smote yet?" What a tool.

Comment

JW: Jesus will smite you for this. <leaves>
                    Odd, I thought Jesus got out of that business...

Anyway, it's amazing to me that people don't understand that it's not "all the same" we'd get that all the time at the truck place. They'd want brakes for "truck 19" but only had the vin for "truck 18"

"But they're the same year and type so they'll be the same"

Then they either open the box at the store and see, no no they're not, or get them back to the shop and find out that they don't fit.

Comment

Or he could just sit in his damn truck 'til we opened.
                      Or maybe time his trip better and get there once the store is opened.

Oh, wait. Talk about making sense.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        They'd want brakes for "truck 19" but only had the vin for "truck 18"
                        Medium and heavy trucks are the worst without a VIN. You're about guaranteed to get the wrong stuff, especially brakes!!

Comment

Working...
                        X