This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messenger Pigeon...How About Not?

I really didn't think it was going to make me as angry as I was but it really did. I ordered some ink from the "Hell Ink and Supply Online Store" and put in all my card information and what not and for the record I have a "Hisa" Debit Card from [Credit Union].

So I order the ink that I've ordered fifty billion times with the same card and whatnot. I get and email and then a phone call from Dell saying they won't allow me to buy this ink and I need to call my card issuer to figure it out. I wonder about this for a little bit but shrug, memorize my account number and then walk to lunch while I'm calling them. I get to a very nice lady who figures out that my problem is something she can't help me with so she gives me to a younger woman who must have had the number one worst customer before me.

Her speech was clipped, she essentially had the tone of "What do you want? You're just stupid aren't you?" This is our exchange:

Me: I went and ordered ink from Hell and got a call that they wouldn't allow the transaction and I had to call you guys. Is there any way I can get that fixed?

Customer Rep: Is it a transaction for 30.75?

Me: Yes! That's it!

CR: Yeah uh, Hell has to put in the correct information for your card.

Me: *confused* Ummm...so...

CR: HELL has to put in the information from the card. (like I'm the dumbest animal on Earth) They have to put in the correct information and then the transaction can go through.

Me: ...Do I have to do something?

CR: Well you're just going to have to call them to find that out, huh?

Me: ....... Right. *click*

I never did call Hell. They sent me my ink anyway. Either someone there decided to call them for me or Hell figured out they made a boo-boo by themselves. Probably the latter.

I was REALLY unimpressed by how she handled that.

Okay she was definitely wayyyyy off in her attitude. When I get a call like that I (per company policy) tell them what the issue was (after establishing it is actually the card member or the primary CM on the account). IE: the store entered the wrong security code, or the zip code entered doesn't match. In the company I work for, that is the proper way to handle it. And I have no sympathy even if she did have the customer from hell previously. She works CS. She needs to sound like she is friendly and gives a damn to every caller she gets. I've managed that for 20+ years, even when being ill in the trash can between calls. (I freely acknowledge I am a bitch myself off the phones a lot. just not with the callers)

Comment

I wouldn't have minded the 'tude if I'd deserved it but really all I could think was "What did I DO to you?" It was almost like I'd commited some horrible crime and she didn't even want to speak to me. I probably should have called "Hell" first, they've always been pretty nice (if not curt) to me.

I tend to take that kind of stuff kinda hard. I'm pretty emotional when it comes to talking to people on the phone. It's one of my social anxieties so already I've got the sweaty palms and I cry really easily.

I was just glad they didn't have some ridiculous automated machine, usually those make me so upset I can't speak to the real person when I finally get to them.

Comment

wow, that level of non service deserves a complaint. i can understand dealing with a baddy before hand, but to take it out on someone who's not...?
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

That attitude was way off. You were being polite and asking for information, she acted like she couldn't be bothered to help you and you were supposed to just figure it out for yourself. She wanted you to do her job. Big fail.

She's not going to last long at that job if she talks that way to most callers.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

You did nothing wrong, and I'm sorry she took out her bad mood on you

On the happy side, you got your ink without having to make any more phone calls, but it was still sucky the way she dealt with you

Comment

Working...
            X