This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am never helping anyone again

I was walking to work when a man called me over to him. He had parked his van on some grass and its tyres had completely sunk into the mud,

M: Please could you help me push it out? It just won't budge.
    Me: Oh....I don't know, I have to be at work in a few minutes.
    M: Please, I'm really desperate.
    Me: Oh....Ok then.

I have absolutely no upper body strength, so I wasn't very optimistic that I could do it. I started pushing the van while he sat with his foot on the accelarator. It was hard work, and by some miracle, I managed to push the van out the mud!

I was quite proud of my achievement. For about one second.

The guy sped off out of the mud. No thank you, nothing. But he did manage to leave at a speed that was enough to cover me from head to toe in mud!

I had to call work and tell them I would be really late, and went home to take a shower and get changed.

Almost sounds like a set-up or something. It was nice of you to help though.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What a jackass he was! Probably deliberately drives through puddles so he can splash pedestrians on the sidewalk, too.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't blame you, CRML. That sucks.
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

What an ass.

Rocking the vehicle back and forth (forward then reverse) gently will usually get a non 4WD vehicle out of mud. Pushing the gas just digs it in deeper.

Found this out the hard way when I got my own car stuck in the mud years ago.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

What an @$$hole!

Im sorry.

I hope work was understanding.

Comment

wow, i'm sorry you were treated that way. it does make it harder to want to help others out when morons like that take advantage of your kinder, gentler side, only to be total ingrates.

bastards...
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
              X