Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd degree burn=hospital, right?? (language, much rage )

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    The time that I had blisters from a serious scald, the doctor saw me, asked me a few questions, gave me a prescription for pain pills and sent me on my way.
    Yup - but the average person (even me) can't tell just by looking whether a blistered burn is first degree or second. No blisters - probably first. Blisters - could be either. That's why I say 'if there's blisters, get a professional opinion'.

And you're right: presuming it was first degree, your doctor's actions were just fine. Though I'd hope he also either recommended appropriate healing creams or sent you to the pharmacist.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
      And you're right: presuming it was first degree, your doctor's actions were just fine. Though I'd hope he also either recommended appropriate healing creams or sent you to the pharmacist.
      I'm very communicative with doctors when I see them, discussing what I am doing about whatever the issue at hand is, so I usually end up with a lot of, "yeah, that's a good way to handle that" along with a prescription for whatever it is that I can't get OTC.

I have yet to have a doctor I've seen (and I tend to see a new one every time I go because I don't care who sees me) tell me to do anything different or anything that wasn't related specifically to prescriptions or coming back in for a checkup.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Fixed that for you.
        That would also help.

Quoth Shalom View Post
        SSD is not legally available OTC in the United States. There are a few places selling it as such, but if the FDA or the Board of Pharmacy in their state gets wind of this, they will be busted for selling legend drugs without prescription.
        I was double checking the spelling and found places online selling it. I did not see anything about prescriptions and "Not available in the US". That is what made me think it might be OTC now. It is good stuff for when you need it.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          That would also help.

I was double checking the spelling and found places online selling it. I did not see anything about prescriptions and "Not available in the US". That is what made me think it might be OTC now. It is good stuff for when you need it.
          So's Vicodon. Lots of places sell prescription drugs online illegally. Which is really scary, IMHO.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
          X