This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth StevieJD View Post
    I have F****** McD's just about across the street from me. They gotta pass several other similar type places. I am a warehouse type store. Not a normal place to go visit unless you actually want my products.

At least once per week there is somebody in the showroom area wanting to use the restroom.

If we can see the P is welling up in their eyes we direct them to the restrooms. Otherwise life is a witch. Actually I not totally heartless. I let most of them go. But why visit me when McD's figuratively has a flashing neon sign that says free restrooms?
    Not to be gross, but if I am with my husband in a warehouse type store and my stomach ties up in a knot and rumbles from one side to the other....I gotta go, and I gotta go NOW and it ain't to pee!!! You will have a real mess on your floor if you deny me the use of the bathroom. I won't be able to make it to the McDonalds next door even if I wanted to.

There are many people who have stomach issues and it's probably embarrassing for them to have to ask to use your bathroom. I know I hate to ask, but sometimes you just can't help it.

The other day I took my mother to the surgeon's office for the preliminary meeting between her and her surgeon. We were sitting in the waiting area chatting and all of a sudden my stomach told me I had to go. There is a restroom right in the office, so I thought no problem. Wrong. I went in. The toilet needed to be plunged. I could not force myself to "add to it" and then go tell them. So I quickly went up to the front desk and told them, and asked if there was another restroom I could use. I told her I would not ask if it weren't urgent and as she led me through the hall to another restroom she said she understood, and she could tell that I wasn't kidding.

So, next time someone asks you if they can use the bathroom, please realize it might really be urgent for them.

Comment

Quoth Chattyaholic View Post
      Not to be gross, but if I am with my husband in a warehouse type store and my stomach ties up in a knot and rumbles from one side to the other....I gotta go, and I gotta go NOW and it ain't to pee!!! You will have a real mess on your floor if you deny me the use of the bathroom. I won't be able to make it to the McDonalds next door even if I wanted to.
      That's all well and good, but the example you quoted is where people enter that building for no reason other than to use the bathroom. They would have had to pass several establishments with guaranteed bathrooms to choose that one.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        that reminds me, a fast food joint in the nightclub district took down their "restrooms for customers only" signs because everybody ignored them anyway.
        The various McDs here in the Perth CBD just use fake "Out of Order" signs during most nights if they're 24 hours, to avoid Druggies shooting up, etc from using their facilities. Can't say I've seen blue lights in any of them, so I guess it makes sense. I've seen them take them down as soon as regular business starts at around 6 or 7am
        - Boochan

Comment

Working...
        X