This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanic

As told to me by a colleague W who has been working at cinemas for longer than I have.

A customer complained to the manager because of this beauty.
    SC: Where is Titanic?
    W: At the bottom of the the Atlantic.
    SC: What?
    W: It's in screen 1.

-------------------
    This may or may not be true, or it may simply be a cinema legend:

A customer complained to a cinema manager about a cocky worker who told her that 'the ship sinks'. She said she did not want the ending of the film ruined for her.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Oh - some people have no sense of humour!!! I hope the manager thinks similarly.

I used to get some strange looks occasionally with my sense of humour (no complaints that I'm aware of) - but then, maybe it was because I was (am) fully awake at work at 4 am, and everyone who came in was 3/4 asleep???

Slyt
    When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

I've heard versions of the second part of your post for years, and I'm afraid it's true, just a case of the stupids. A friend of mine was in line to see something else, and had turned to her husband to exclaim that she couldn't understand why so many people were lined up in droves to see a movie about a ship that sinks. A young woman in the line turned to her and whined "Well thanks a lot lady, for ruining the ending!"

Sad, sad times we live in.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Along those same lines, I sometimes get into trouble when someone asks me if "so-and-so" is dead because I usually respond " i hope so, they buried him!".
        Usually a laugh but not always. :-)
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

this one isn't quite as bad as Titanic, but still funny.

I went to go see the movie Troy with my cousin. now, she is a smart person...... most of the time, and I realize that not everyone is as familiar with Greek myths and the Iliad as I am, but still, I think that most people know a little about at least the Trojan horse.
          we were at the scene that the Trojans were bringing said horse into their city and my cousin leans over and says:
          "I bet there's people in that horse."
          I just looked at her for a moment and then

I still bring it up every once in a while....... she hates that.
          "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I found out that some customers have no sense of humor when I worked the info desk at Barnes and Noble.

I had a customer come in and say to me, "I'm looking for a book."

I said, "Well, you've come to the right place."

Needless to say, the customer was not amused and a manager was summoned.

*Moral of story, don't joke with the customers, as apparently they cannot handle it.*

P.S. This "customer" did DEMAND that I be fired on the spot for being 'insolent', but my manager just laughed at him. (My manager really rocked, I miss working for him.)
            Kewl Beans!

Comment

Maybe I can't wrap around their logic. But how are they having the ending spoiled when the ending is sort of you know PART of history?
              Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

What kind of rock would you be living under that you don't know the Titanic sank?
                Wasn't part of the sinking scene in the ads for the movie? I seem to remember that it was.

My family had a gal staying with us from Saipan and she treated us to a movie. It was LaBamba - she appologized all the way home because she didn't know it was going to have such a sad ending. We all kind of assumed she had heard about the singer and how he died (she had picked the movie) so then we felt bad for not warning her.

Comment

Same type of story, only about the remake of King Kong. Turns out that one of the guys that does Penny Arcade (I think it was Tycho) had never seen the original, so when Gabe mentioned about Kong dying at the end, it was a spoiler for him.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

People knew that the Titanic sank. It's in the history books. They went to see it for the love story in the middle of the movie.
                    & those that claimed they didn't know the ending were showing their ignorance.

Comment

Then you have the movies that play fast and loose with actual history. Elizabeth I and Mary, Queen of Scots never met. Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid were not buddies. (Cool side note - My mom went to high school with Pat Garrett's granddaughter!) And don't get me started on "Braveheart"!

Quoth Aramika View Post
                      most of the time, and I realize that not everyone is as familiar with Greek myths and the Iliad as I am, but still, I think that most people know a little about at least the Trojan horse.
                      we were at the scene that the Trojans were bringing said horse into their city and my cousin leans over and says:
                      "I bet there's people in that horse."
                      I just looked at her for a moment and then
                      Whereas my best friend's husband leaned over to me at this part in the theater and said, "You, me, and Sir Bedevere...." We both almost fell out of our seats laughing.

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
                      Maybe I can't wrap around their logic. But how are they having the ending spoiled when the ending is sort of you know PART of history?
                      Quoth auntiem View Post
                      What kind of rock would you be living under that you don't know the Titanic sank?
                      Wasn't part of the sinking scene in the ads for the movie? I seem to remember that it was.
                      Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                      People knew that the Titanic sank. It's in the history books. They went to see it for the love story in the middle of the movie.
                      & those that claimed they didn't know the ending were showing their ignorance.
                      I know it's frightening, but makes you realize just how many people have absolutely no sense of history whatsoever. If you have any doubts, watch "Jay-Walking" on Jay Leno sometime. The ones that are really scary are the history teacher not know who fought in the American Revolution or when it was.
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I was at Walmart getting a new tire and the mechanic thought he was hilarious...

Me: Can we get our tires rotated?

Mechanic: Do you drive?

Me: ?

Hubbie thought it was funny. He had to explain it to me later. I felt pretty stupid. I didn't find it funny that he meant because I drive on the road, my tires are rolling. I laughed along anyway because I was confused and I wanted to make him feel like it was funny.

Comment

In my history class. someone mistook "Lenin" for "Lennon". As in John Lennon.
                          This is AP History, too.
                          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            Same type of story, only about the remake of King Kong. Turns out that one of the guys that does Penny Arcade (I think it was Tycho) had never seen the original, so when Gabe mentioned about Kong dying at the end, it was a spoiler for him.

^-.-^
                            I love this one. ^_^
                            I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                            In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
                              I remember that. "He climbs up the building! What did you think happens next?" "I don't know. Maybe he climbs down!"

So, *is* there a statute of limitations on spoilers? Weirdly, I don't think in all my time in the theatres that I got any complaints about stuff like that. Might have been something along those lines during the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I don't remember.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X