This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i totally feel you.

i'm not a violent person, but the closest i've ever come to decking a guy was at a showing of the rob zombie remake of halloween last year. my boyfriend and i are huge fans of his other movies, so we had been looking forward to the new movie all summer. we finally get a mutual night off to go see it, and of course there's some noisy kids in the theater. customers talk to the managers, and i actually went, introduced myself, explained that i came to see the show and they were bothering me, and politely asked them to quiet down.

to no avail, of course.

after the movie i again approached them and thanked them for ruining my moviegoing experience (it was that bad. you couldn't even focus on the movie). at that time an older gentleman who i thought was independently at the movie pipes up that he's their father, and that they paid money to see the movie, so they were entitled to behave however they pleased.

he explained to me that they paid good money, and decided about 15 minutes in that they didn't like the movie. so they spent the next hour and a half making the movie unwatchable for the rest of the people in the theater.

he honestly, sincerely believed that was his right as a paying customer.

it's one thing to be that big an asshat to think you can pull that off. but to have your kids in tow when you do it? absolutely unbelievable.
    www.myspace.com/asyoursolitudesubsides

Comment

I'm to the point now where I'd almost be willing to say "sorry cops, doctors, etc. ... your phone won't work in the theater. Can't do that, don't go!" 'Cause I hate the phones so much.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth underpaid n View Post
        This guy tells me that he has 400 employees and if any of his managers talked to employees? like that they would have to be dealt with. What?
        See now, this is where I would have asked him to write down the name and address of his company, so that I could come by to heckle HIM at work.
        Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

it's one thing to be that big an asshat to think you can pull that off. but to have your kids in tow when you do it? absolutely unbelievable.
          sad part about that, apple, is that i find it completely believable (cynicism aside); that's where they learn their behaviors: from ill-mannered parents.

as for the paying and acting as they please, you also paid and have an absolute right to NOT put up with their crap, and the theatre staff should have the absolute right to kick morons like him and his spawn out.

i'm in agreement with ree and others; not only will these mini-asshats flood bookstores/gamestore/walmart/etc., they'll also migrate to our store.

i REALLY don't want that; we have enough 'nuttin' ta do' types as it is...ay!
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Apple Dumplins View Post
            The old "I'm special" attitude. Who cares that 100 other people paid the same price, I paid my money, I can do what I want because I'm more important than anyone else.

I hope after he was done with you a couple of patrons hit him with some street justice to knock him down a peg.
            D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
            Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

Quoth Apple Dumplins View Post
              That's where the quote "Your right to swing your fist ends at my nose" comes to play.

When the now ex took me to see CATS at the Fox Theatre, I was in HEAVEN.... until the people in front of us started whispering to each other and USING THEIR CELL PHONES TO READ THEIR PROGRAMS!!!!!!

During intermission the now ex went to complain, and we got to change seats.... to better seats!
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

That reminds me when a group of us went to go see V for Vendetta. One of my friends is a theater major and big comic book fan so is really looking forward to seeing the movie.

We all get in there and there's an older couple that sits right behind him. The guy FALLS ASLEEP during the movie and starts snoring. The wife sees no problem, and my friend being who he is doesn't want to start a commotion of waking him up or complaining. He waits until after the movie.

He and I are off to get beer for the rest of the group and is so funny in his complaints that when we get back to the apt, I roll out of the car onto my hands and knees and laugh until I start hyperventalating.

but back to the cell phones. You would think now with the technology where it is, they could integrate a faraday cage into the structure...or you could build a microwave gun and fry their cell phones when people use them. Just my thoughts on how to solve the problem. (Yay physics!)
                Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

But as others have mentioned not all people who bring in cell phones are monsters with them, and there are many other people (emergency workers, doctors, an expectant father or mother, parents going for their first night out since Jr. came along) who NEED to have a working phone.
                  SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                  SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                    But as others have mentioned not all people who bring in cell phones are monsters with them, and there are many other people (emergency workers, doctors, an expectant father or mother, parents going for their first night out since Jr. came along) who NEED to have a working phone.
                    The way I see it, if they are stepping out of the theater so you wouldn't even know why they did or that they had a phone call in the first place, it shouldn't really matter who has their phone on vibrate. But especially so for emergency workers or people who might get emergency calls.
                    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                      I'm to the point now where I'd almost be willing to say "sorry cops, doctors, etc. ... your phone won't work in the theater. Can't do that, don't go!" 'Cause I hate the phones so much.
                      As much as I can sympathize with you over every asshat that thinks they need to be on their cellphone in the most inappropriate places, I really think it's unfair to punish others for the mistakes of the few. Because, as annoying and ubiquitous as the asshats are, they are a minority.

And I think it's exceedingly unkind to force those who chose to make a choice to work in the public's interest to give up some of what little they have of a personal life because of those asshats.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                        The way I see it, if they are stepping out of the theater so you wouldn't even know why they did or that they had a phone call in the first place, it shouldn't really matter who has their phone on vibrate. But especially so for emergency workers or people who might get emergency calls.
                        But the way I see it...

What the hell did all these people do when there were NO cell phones?

There was a time when you COULDN'T get in touch with someone at the push of a button.

Nobody NEEDS to have a cell phone.

In the theater, mine goes OFF or on SILENT.

I feel bad for people who have jobs that require them to be on call, or are paranoid and need their phone to be assured that their child that they left with the babysitter didn't burn the house down...

But I find that rude assholes are more frequent than ever before. Around here, few people use their phones responsibly and it is part of the reason why I don't go to the movies anymore.

Seriously, my SO and I used to take bets on how many phone's we'd hear during the movie (price is right rules). It's frustrating.

Friends of ours had some asshole in the crowd at their wedding whose phone rang DURING THE VOWS! I mean, seriously!
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                          But the way I see it...

What the hell did all these people do when there were NO cell phones?
                          Back then we wouldn't have been able to get all of the officers in when there was a bomb threat at the college and had to search the entire thing.
                          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Aw, I was kind of waiting for one of two to happen:

1) Pulling a rope that would open a trap door under the customer, sending him into an unknown oblivion. A hear they don't serve popcorn in oblivion.

2) Jumping in the air, arms outstretched, camera circling you like in the matrix. Then you land and direct the man towards the front desk if he would like to register a complaint about how you tried to improve his viewing experience.
                            ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

Starting to get a touch heated in parts, folks. Lets keep it to individual instances of suck, please.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                                Well, how can they hear you with those blue tooth things in them?

^-.-^
                                Whenever I see a person walking along apparently talking to themselves, my first thought is that a madperson is roaming the supermarket. O.o Then I see the Bluetooth... and that thought is confirmed.
                                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X