This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth calulu View Post
    Doesn't sound like very smart business practices to me to sell ready to eat items without having free plastic utensils to go along with them.
    Other than the microwave sandwiches, most of the food isn't intended to be eaten immediately.

Comment

You have to consider that some of the same ones who complain about this issue seem to be the same ones who complain about the refill price of fountain drinks and coffee or the price of an ice cup. I mean, quite honestly, the only thing I can say about them is that they're chronic crybabies. The point is that I have little say over it, I get sick of hearing the whining, so they need to realize that and tell someone who can do something about it. My job description is to remedy situations which are within my control, and product price and product avaiability are two issues not within my control. Whining to me about it only serves to increase my indifference toward serving their needs as customers, and diminish my desire to be accommodating toward customers in general.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Money

Personally, you should have taken your time to inspect that twenty dollar bill.

To me that bid to make you hurry up reeks of a possible scam.

Comment

I never really thought about that point. Sadly for him, I'm too stubborn to give in to bids to make me hurry. I have only one speed, usually that of my slowest customers, and anyone who doesn't want to wait is free to leave.

Here's a bit of irony..... we got a case of unwrapped plastic spoons on today's grocery delivery. It wasn't that long ago that we had to replace our unwrapped coffee stirrers with individually wrapped coffee stirrers due to health regulations. We still may not be able to give them to customers for the asking, so this should be interesting. I just don't understand people because it's not like the food is meant for consumption on the premesis. It's meant to grab it on the go so you don't have to wade through the heavier human traffic at the grocery store just to find a few bare essentials while on the road.
          The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            I am glad that I keep a roll of paper towels in my car. I also keep a box of utensils in the side pocket of the car also. Hey you will never know when you might need one.
            And this is why I carry a corckscrew in my backpack/purse! Never know when you're going to come across a bottle of wine that needs opening.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              If it makes sense, it's not allowed.

That could be the freaking motto of the call center I just escaped, well and truly. Thanks for the laugh.
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

we have those too: all the asshats coming in for WATER. wtf? carry your own, cheap ass douche.

worst part is that they're usually very rude about it, almost like the sample whores.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/8ace/

I carry a titanium spork with me wherever I go.

& yes, I've had people ask me to borrow it if I'm eating outside, like at a park or something.

People are dumb.

Comment

Ever since finding out that sushi/sashimi is tasty, I have a package of chopsticks in my vehicle. I find that no one ever asks to use my 'sticks' after I'm done with them, either.

Comment

Oooohhhh, a titanium spork.......... Cool! All hail the spork!

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        And of course, if you charge for them, you will have people bitching and moaning about it.
                        The basic tuna salad meal: tuna salad, $3.50

The deluxe tuna salad meal: tuna salad, $3.60.
                        Get this plastic fork and paper napkin FREE!

You think the SCs would notice?
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                          That could be the freaking motto of the call center I just escaped, well and truly. Thanks for the laugh.
                          It could be the motto of every place I've worked at, so...I started saying it here. People borrow it.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                          X