Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they do it again we should leave them in there...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they do it again we should leave them in there...

I work at a convenience store. Our bathroom door is broken. Very broken, if you open it and go inside it will lock you in and we on the outside have to find the key to let you out. There is a big sign on the door that says: Sorry, OUT OF ORDER.

Now, we don't allow large groups of illegals to hang out in our parking lot. There is another well known numbered named convenience store down the street from us that does, because of this we get a lot of non-english speaking people in our store.

They take advantage of the fact that they can buy a bottle of water or a bag of chips and then hang out in the dining area on cold mornings and we cant kick them out. Well a large group of them came in, bought some things, and sat down. Not a big deal. But then several of them within ten min or so of each other proceeded to go to the bathroom lock themselves in and then curse at me in spanish when I let them out.

Ok, I get it, you cant read the sign but come on now, if you saw the last guy get f**king locked in and there is some sort of a sign on the door you'd think you wouldn't go in there!!!!

And to top it all off I had a lady who spoke prefect english do the same thing and then scream at me that she was claustaphobic and how dare i not have an out of order sign up...yeah we did...but SCs cant read even big black marker signs at eye level.

Yeah...my day = awesome...
    My name is Leztwerp Its NOT Dollface Princess Angel Sweetheart Honey Baby or any thing else you can come up with. Theres a reason I have to wear this name tag please read it and follow it accordingly.

Quoth Leztwerp View Post
    And to top it all off I had a lady who spoke prefect english do the same thing and then scream at me that she was claustaphobic and how dare i not have an out of order sign up...yeah we did...but SCs cant read even big black marker signs at eye level.
    Sometimes, I think the louder the yell, the more they're trying to cover up how embarrassed they are about how stupid they acted.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

The 1,000 Yard Stare of Doom +1+2 should finish them off nicely. Unless that last lady is a 3/3 creature, at which point we're doomed.
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

For those who don't read English (which includes a goodly number of English-speakers, unfortunately) you might consider doing a basic drawing of a toilet with a circle around it and a line through it. Nobody has any excuse for not understanding the international sign symbol for "NO."

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If you had to get a key each time to let the person out, why couldn't the door just remain locked, thus preventing any other idiots from getting trapped within? Also, is this what the staff used for a restroom? Pretty sucky if you had to either leave the door open or rely on a coworker to let you out. I imagine a lot of pranks involving those two options.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Signs are useless. I have to lock the bathroom door to keep people out because there are those who read the sign and either decide they'll just pee and not flush or that it's just not true.
            They'll even move a rack of cards to try to open a door that leads to the office and says "Private, do not enter" in 5 languages right next to the bathroom door which I paid $250 to have painted with a cutesy design that obviously shows it's the bathroom.

At my in-laws old store the bathroom door was painted blue. It was the only blue in the store and certainly the only blue door (or blue anything on the wall) and people would still not be able to find it.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
            ~Clerks

Comment

Leave them in there, turn up the radio/muzak/whatever.
              GFY

Comment

You should put a sign on the inside of the bathroom door that says something to the effect of

"I'm sorry but this door is broken, the sign on the other side of the door should have alerted you to this fact. If this door has closed fully then it is now locked and will need to be reopened with a key. Unfortunantly Cellular Phones do not seem to work in this bathroom, and it is quite sound proof. As a matter of fact you will probably die before we realize that you are stuck in here. Of for faster service press this button and we will unlock the door for 50 bucks".
                My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I think that perhaps the epic fail of the English speaking woman directly after several non-English speaking epic failures indicates that it's not a problem with someone's race or immigration status that's leading to the issue... you can't fix stupid with either language OR citizenship.
                  My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

signs are totally useless- why?? because you have to read them- i can put signs up that say the gallons of 2% dairyman's milk 2.99 and will have people bring up half gallons, whole milk, etc... or ask which milk is it? the blue cap you say? uugghh

Comment

Quoth Leztwerp View Post
                      I work at a convenience store. Our bathroom door is broken. Very broken, if you open it and go inside it will lock you in and we on the outside have to find the key to let you out. There is a big sign on the door that says: Sorry, OUT OF ORDER.
                      Just a thought: CLOSE THE DOOR.
                      If the problem is that the door locks every time it closes, and then cannot be opened without the key, then closing the door solves the problem: no more people ignoring the sign and getting locked in.

Comment

Working...
                      X