X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Triscuitty View Post
    \
    In my store, if you refuse the sale to one person for lack of ID (or invalid ID), you have to refuse the sale to every person they're with, whether they have ID or not.
    At our store, that's also true if they try to send another one of their friends to buy it for them. It's called "ID circumvention".

Comment

I always have my id on me if I'm out. For one I'm either on foot and if something were to happen I'd want to be identified! But if I was driving, that's kid of obvious.

A local liquor store in my town has/had signs up stating "must be 21 to enter", "you must show ID to purchase alcohol", and one that said "if we refuse you, we'll refuse everyone that's with you" (basically, don't try to buy alcohol without ID or else your group will be banned from buying that night as well). On more than one occasion they'd have someone that didn't even look 21 enter and try to buy alcohol without ID -- then left without and had someone come in to order it, sometimes asking for "the alcohol you refused the other guy".

I've only been asked for ID once.... on my 21st birthday (literally the day), never since.
      Back when I was 13 or so (under 15) I had a bartender say she never would've thought to of carded me had I of shown up for alcohol. Probably because I'm always calm and not acting suspecious (on my 21st, I was alone and had to be somewhere, so I was rushed -- and didn't want to be on the roads, probably the only reason I was carded then).

Comment

Quoth Triscuitty View Post
        I am SO tired of the "I obviously have tattoos so I'm obviously old enough!" spiel. On which planet is a tattoo a valid form of identification?
        Yeah, this is kind of a stupid idea... not only does it ignore the practice of home tattooing, but also those unscrupulous tattooists who don't ID their customers.
        ONI HEUIR NI FEDIR

Comment

Gosh, you must live in a lenient state.

Around here, the fact that she asked first means we have to assume that anyone else from the same car is buying them for her, which means, "I'm sorry, but I have to see her ID or I can't sell them to you."

Technically, we're supposed to get ID from everyone in the car.
          But at the very least, from the person making the purchase and anyone who is "obviously with them" and tried to make the purchase.

I was on the opposite side of this once: 3 of us were going on a road trip. One of us wanted to buy some beer to have once we arrived. He was only buying enough for himself, but the clerk knew we were all together and needed to see everybody's ID. And, of course, our third buddy didn't have his.
          So no beer.

Comment

I'm suddenly reminded of that poor waitress when my dad took me out for my 21st birthday, the day before. We asked if it were possible for me to have an alcohol beverage, and she left to check with someone (or maybe to go in the back to say, "OMG, do you believe these people, the very nerve'). She came back and refused.

My dad and I *gasp* said a regretful 'oh well' and went on with our supper. And get this, we didn't stiff her on the tip.

I am so, so glad that I have never had a job where I've had to ask for id (other than valuable lost item retrieval). Apparently ID-required purchases really bring out the EWs.
            I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

These morons drive with no ID? I don't leave the house without my ID. In many places you have to show ID to use a credit card.

Where do these idiots come from?

Comment

hey if its the day before your legal its worth a shot, however some raids are now done with "i'm legal tommorrow" Id's. its still the same penatlity as if you sold to a 12 year old... so usually a no go

Comment

Let's also add in the reminder that the date for the business is the date in which it opened the register for the day.
                  So don't go into a bar at 12:05 am when it is 5 min into your b-day and expect to get service that has an age limit based to it.

Comment

Quoth Emrld View Post
                    Let's also add in the reminder that the date for the business is the date in which it opened the register for the day.
                    So don't go into a bar at 12:05 am when it is 5 min into your b-day and expect to get service that has an age limit based to it.
                    Most bars in this area will let you drink at midnight on your birthday. I don't know if this is true, as at midnight and beyond on your 21st birthday, you technically are legally 21 and allowed to drink. It makes sense and all, that the registers will timestamp all sales until they close up as being on the previous day, but hell, I've heard of some bars around here letting you drink at 10pm, which to me is very risky ( as it is highly illegal ).

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                      I'm suddenly reminded of that poor waitress when my dad took me out for my 21st birthday, the day before.
                      Are parents no longer allowed to purchase alcohol for their children? I vaguely remember when I was 17 that my mother was allowed to buy me a birthday drink (legal was 18 back then).
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

It truly depends on your local liqour laws and what the establishment has set as rules.

I remember when I was younger it was legal for a parent to order an alcoholic beverage . . .it was served to the parent . . .then if they wanted to give it to their child it was up to them.

About the time I turned 18 (21 is legal) it was 50/50 if a place would let you do that or not.

Also, I have a friend that got married to a 30 something year old when she was 19. They had gotten legal paperwork stating that he was her legal guardian based on that relationship. She was allowed in over 21 bars and alcohol if he ordered it. (last I heard they are still very happily married no children and he spoils her rotten - but she keeps one of the cleanest houses I have ever seen - works for them)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                          how does a tattoo prove age... his parents could have consented for it, couldn't they...?

here in WI- a doctor's note is needed, I got mine done in my living room by a friend with tattoo guns(at the time you also didn't need a license) at age 16.
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                            He comes in also sans ID and then tries to show me his tattoo as proof that he is 18. Again I tell him exactly what I told his little friend No ID, No smokes.

Ack! He shops in your store, too? http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=16001
                            The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth MiloMorai View Post
                              HEheheh, since you were watching them get in and out of the car, I'm gonna guess you could see the plate. No ID? driving without a license with is illegal. Call it in also if they squeeled the tires add a reckless driving to it too. the cops can come and see the fresh treads. I used to do stuff like that to the SC jerks.
                              And it works too. Done it myself and got to see the fruits of my labor, so to speak!!!

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                                And so much for driving with a driver's license.
                                See I would've been completely vindictive and got the plate number. Then I would've called the Non-Emergency line for 'someone' driving around with no licence. Even if they had it, I'm sure they would've loved a visit from their friendly, neighborhood man or woman in blue.
                                Some people are like slinkies,
                                They don't really serve a purpose,
                                But they still bring a smile to your face
                                When you push them down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                                X