This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear vendors...

... you'd do a lot more useful business if you'd listen!

My boss left work at 3pm yesterday. Three different vendors turned up asking for him after he left. Each time I said they could leave a message and/or come back after 10:30am on Wednesday or any other weekday apart from Tuesday because that's his day off.

The same three turned up today (Tuesday) asking for him. All three got pissed off when told he wasn't around because it was his day off.

(As it was, he was still half-managing the store by phone, what with ringing us every hour to get order numbers or vendor's contact details or ask one of us to place an order.)

Morons ... I'd do them NO favors. They're too stupid.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

They obviously heard every other day but Tuesday in the wrong way.
      Times like these I'm pleased that our vendors just pop up whenever, and just dump their crap with whoever is there and maybe some notes. Not like the vendors that come into our store really do anything anyway, apart from give us junk pamphlets and harass us to put posters up that we really shouldn't be..
      - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
        Times like these I'm pleased that our vendors just pop up whenever, and just dump their crap with whoever is there and maybe some notes.
        Most of the time ours do that, but these three had new product lines they wanted to ask about. One of them provides various cheap-arse energy drinks, I'm hoping he's offering us a great deal on the new Batman drink with the glow-in-the-dark can. (we saw it advertised in Convenience Store Monthly)

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
          great deal on the new Batman drink with the glow-in-the-dark can. (we saw it advertised in Convenience Store Monthly)
          ....that sounds like the most awesome thing ever
          "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
            ....that sounds like the most awesome thing ever
            Oh, how so very wrong you are!

The most awesomest thing ever (in the drinks dept) would be if the cans were clear and the energy drink glowed!
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

The most awesomest thing ever (in the drinks dept) would be if the cans were clear and the energy drink glowed!
              I don't know. You probably have a very real point. You are probably right. But my love of Batman won't let me actually fully acknowledge that.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post

okay, taking an interesting notion to its logical conclusion. The drink glows. You drink this liquid. Would it still glow once it passed through your system? And if not, and you drank enough of this stuff, would you start glowing?
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Looks like I left out the word "energy" from the comment about the Batman energy drink.

Maybe it's where Batman gets all his extra energy from. I only hope that if you collect enough cans you can trade them for a Batmobile or something.

Comment

I want a bat mobile....Can use it to smuggle all the Svens and Helgas and Ingas I need in Canada to breed my own Svens...

Comment

Working...
                    X