Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would it be mean to hope if his engine goes to pots the next time he revs up the crotch rocket so hard again and laugh about it?
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I just have to ask.... What's the deal with Harley owners revving their engines at *every* stop sign and traffic light locally? Are they afraid their engines will stall?
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        I just have to ask.... What's the deal with Harley owners revving their engines at *every* stop sign and traffic light locally? Are they afraid their engines will stall?
        I never understood that myself, but I think it's them showing their bikes off. Granted, anyone that can afford a decent custom, or even an off-the-line Harley, deserves to showboat just a little. They's pretty bikes.
        My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

This topic reminds me of a fairly recent South Park episode. I think it explains the attitude well, where they rev the engines loudly so that they get attention.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            I asked my brother a very similar question about the moron in our apt complex who would rev his engine for 20-30-50- *5 mins short of infinity* and the haul ass out..

Apparently motorcycles need a warm up time to get the engine and the oil flowing and all that jazz.. I get it.. Sorta like a diesel engine, only without the other two wheels and several thousand pounds of road dominance.

With that being said, the rev'ing at the light is nothing more than "Hey look at me! I spent way too much on this poorly designed piece of junk!" I admit my motorcycle experiences can be limited to the fingers on one hand but even when my diesel engine'd car is running rough on a cold day.. You just let it rev slightly higher while in neutral to keep it going.

Comment

Quoth ShugoAC View Post
              I asked my brother a very similar question about the moron in our apt complex who would rev his engine for 20-30-50- *5 mins short of infinity* and the haul ass out..
              One of my neighbors does that every weekend. Usually on Saturday mornings, I'll hear the V-twin fire up, and he'll start revving it. As high as that he revs that thing, I'm surprised he hasn't slung a piston into orbit yet

Apparently motorcycles need a warm up time to get the engine and the oil flowing and all that jazz.. I get it.. Sorta like a diesel engine, only without the other two wheels and several thousand pounds of road dominance.
              Diesels I can understand. They can be a royal bitch to start when it's extremely cold out. That's why many truck and rail lines will leave their units idling. However, at least locally, it's only the Harley owners that annoy the hell out of everyone. Several of my neighbors own cycles--one Harley, and several sport bikes. I can't recall a single time that I've heard a Honda or Kawasaki howling at 9am
              Last edited by protege; 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM. Reason: I screwed up a quote tag :p

Comment

Gahh. I remember a few years ago, at my old place, I used to take the old highway to work every night.

In the lane next to me was an idiot on a crotch rocket. This was after 10 at night.

Anyway, every time the light turned green, he'd pop a wheelie before rocketing off to high speeds, just to have to stop at the next light and do it all again.

I kept hoping he'd just tip er over and teach himself a lesson, but alas, his guardian angels cared too much and let him rocket off finally onto the open highway. Within seconds of merging, he was gone.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ShugoAC View Post
                  Apparently motorcycles need a warm up time to get the engine and the oil flowing and all that jazz.. I get it.. Sorta like a diesel engine, only without the other sixteen wheels and several tens of thousands pounds of road dominance.
                  Shugo, your numbers were a bit low, but I fixed them.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Heh. Ask Blas on here if such boorish behavior on these things turn HER on.

I think she's made that very clear on several occasions.

BTW I think the popular label for these kind of "riders" is "organ donors". I think you can figure out why.

Comment

Hoss has not yet had the chance to call in CRA's tag number to the local police. Turns out also (this is something I had not realized) that CRA also owns a muscle car which he sometimes takes to work instead of his crotch rocket. When he leaves at the end of the day in the car, he revs the engine too. (He also parks the muscle car way down at the end of the parking lot, where NO ONE ever parks.)

Really hope we can convince the police to start patrolling the shopping center more often. There are other people besides CRA who like to speed down the road in front of the stores.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        When he leaves at the end of the day in the car, he revs the engine too.
                        Ugh. There's a guy across the street from my office who does that. He'll fire up his shitbox Neon (sorry Blas!)...which really should be put out of its misery. Every afternoon, he'll red-line that thing. I'm surprised he hasn't thrown a rod, or at least had the fart-can fall off. There's really no excuse for that sort of thing, other than drawing attention to himself.

Really hope we can convince the police to start patrolling the shopping center more often. There are other people besides CRA who like to speed down the road in front of the stores.
                        If he's truly speeding, I hope he gets nailed. But, even though it might sound like he's going fast, he might not be. I've actually had cops follow me when I take the MG out. The stock exhaust (glass-pack muffler) is a bit loud. Even at 25mph, it does sound like I'm going faster than I am. But, that's how the car was originally. Most of the time, unless I'm doing something *really* stupid, the cops will just tail me a bit. They'll turn off as soon as they hit the borough/township/county line.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Hoss has not yet had the chance to call in CRA's tag number to the local police....Really hope we can convince the police to start patrolling the shopping center more often. There are other people besides CRA who like to speed down the road in front of the stores.
                          If you've got a lot of idiots using your parking lot as the Indy 500, the police should be very interested in that. Good way to fill the quota and hopefully get some dangerous jackasses off the road.

I agree with EvilEmpryss, the WallyWorld manager should also be notified of CRA's antics. Their customers are being endangered, too.

BTW, I love the thread title, too!
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

A CW told me once that a employee at one of the stores in our plaza, whom I had seen a POS Civic with fart cannon and monster stereo had a "minor" incident.

Apparently they were going way to fast skidded hit a island caused damaged to the crappy body kit and in anger tried to speed off only to get a few feet before some horrible sound came from the engine and the car stopped. Never saw that car again.

Comment

Got to work with enough time to spare that I swung by Wally World to do some shopping. Wouldn't ya know? CRA's crotch rocket was parked out front! I did a quick glance to look for a tag number, and couldn't see his license plate at first. Then, as I walked past going into the store, I realized why. His plate was bent upward, so the only way you can actually see it is if you're standing right next to it.

I didn't linger, not wanting CRA (or one of his buddies) to spot me (since I don't really know what CRA looks like), and did my shopping. On the way out, I pulled out my cell phone and flipped it open to my notepad feature, and so to the average on-looker, it would've seemed like I was sending a text message or something. And I took a glance to get his tags. Bingo.

Hoss was working today, and I passed this information along to him. Hoss knows someone in the county police department, so I figured he'd call him up with a tip. Hoss instead chose to dial the non-emergency number and report CRA's behavior with regards to his bike. Alas, the cops said there was not much they could do unless they caught him in the act.

My feeling is they probably have enough other calls and cases to deal with than a simple "I think this guy is driving too fast" call. I figure we need to get more people to call in about this guy so the cops realize that CRA is concerning other people as well.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Report him for not having readable license plates. I know that plate violations can get you in a lot of hot water here.

Comment

Working...
                                X