This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I can't remember what my car looks like!"

Stopped by the petrol station on my way to school to grab a drink. There were three cars in the forecourt, and there were two people ahead of me in the line.

C = Cashier
    SW = Stupid Woman
    OW = Other Woman
    MBM = Man Behind Me

Cashier is serving SW.

C: Hi there, which pump number are you at?
    SW: Oh...I didn't look...uuuhhhh...ooooohhhh..aaaaahhhhhhh....

She looked out the window and started looking.

SW: Uhhhhh....oooooohhhh...oh, there I am. Pump number six please!
    OW: Wait a minute! I'm at pump number six!
    SW: You are...oh...uuuuuuhhhh...
    C: Ma'am, there are only two other cars out there. Surely you know which is yours.
    SW: Cars all look the same to me. Don't YOU know which is mine?!
    C: No, I don't.
    SW: Ohhhh....uuuuuuhhhh....

A line had formed. The guy behind me spoke up.

MBM: If it helps, I am pump number four!
    SW: Ohhh....uuuuhhh...so that makes me pump number five!
    C: No one is at number five, you are pump number three.
    SW: That's it! At last!

She paid and left.

We all had a laugh about it after she went. The cashier sighed.

C: Sadly, that kind of thing happens at lease once a day.

Sounds like a bad date. 3 pumps and no apology.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

...yet she surely went out to the right car after paying... right?

Comment

At the motel, we ask for license plate numbers. When they don't know that, I ask for make, model and color. You'd be surprised at how many people don't even know that! (Or maybe you wouldn't...forgot which site I was on for a second.)

I always wonder how the 911 call would go if they ever got their car stolen and had to provide the police with info...
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

2009 Chevy Colbolt LT..but don't ask me the licence number

Lol..now I've almost tried to get in a car that was identical to mine, but at least I generally know which vehicle is mine.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            2009 Chevy Colbolt LT..but don't ask me the licence number

Lol..now I've almost tried to get in a car that was identical to mine, but at least I generally know which vehicle is mine.
            I pull the same thing. Make and model, color, etc.? Easy. License plate? Um...I remember the last three letters....

What was really funny, though, was the one time I almost got into the wrong car. We have a big red Jeep Cherokee, which is pretty uncommon both here and the state we used to live in. Especially so since ours has a limited edition gold trim on it, which most other red Cherokees I've seen don't have. That, plus we had Idaho plates and our college was in Utah. All that combined made it easy to find in a lot.

But one day, I went to climb into a Jeep that matched our description only to realize right before I tried the key in the door that some of the things in the front seat were all wrong. Then I looked around and spotted our actual car a row and a few spaces over.

Yep. I managed to find a second red Jeep Cherokee with gold trim and Idaho plates, and it was parked near ours. Go me.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Don't worry, have done that too. Especially for the Tracker we have. It is grey (a very common color), and I've tried to get into another one before also. Only thing that gave it away (when I actually looked) was hanging from the mirror was a Cross. (Not a big one, a small necklace). Yep..that ain't mine.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                Don't worry, have done that too. Especially for the Tracker we have. It is grey (a very common color), and I've tried to get into another one before also. Only thing that gave it away (when I actually looked) was hanging from the mirror was a Cross. (Not a big one, a small necklace). Yep..that ain't mine.
                ::laugh::

What really got me was that the Jeep I tried to get into was the only other vehicle of that description in the entire city. Maybe even the county. I kept track, and every time after that I spotted a car just like ours, it had the same exact plate number. It was very surreal.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Do you still have Idaho plates? *perks*

I've like memorized the license plates of the cars my parents own...but I definitely couldn't just rattle them off. It's just enough so I can glance at the license plate and realize if it's the right car or not!
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post

I sometimes do this. Usually I figure it out once I get close, but once at college I got so far as to putting my key in. It was a dark green sedan, but different make and model. I just went down the row I parked in, got to about the right area, and went to the first green sedan I saw, I guess. My car was actually parked right next to it.
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

"C: Sadly, that kind of thing happens at lease once a day."

Every damn day.

Each one of our pumps has a big-ass number stuck to it.

That number is repeated on the canopy above it.

Joe or Jane Dumbass has no idea what those numbers could possibly be for, or even that they're even there.

You only see this branch of the Dumbass family when it's busy, twelve, fifteen or more vehicles on the drive. You ask them which vehicle's theirs, and they'll get a mystified look and ask, "Don't you know?" or "I think it's the red one, maybe."

When it's NOT busy, of course, and there's only one vehicle out there, you get a different branch of the Dumbass family, "Yes, I have the red Audi A4 on pump 20," with a tone that says, "There's no possible way for someone like you to know that without careful guidance."

Or, as they get to the counter and YOU say, "Did you have the red Audi A4 on pump 20?" and they give you the wonder-filled child look that asks, "How could you possibly have known that? Are you a witch?"
                      Last edited by TonyDonuts; 10-23-2010, 12:38 PM. Reason: not snarky enough
                      I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        My ex did get into a vehicle that wasn't his, once. Another cream colored '89 Chrysler LeBaron convertible. He realized it was wrong when he noticed that none of his crap was strewn about inside. His car was actually at the same position but one aisle over. The fun part is that both cars used the same key (only something like 7-15 different keys issues for any car make, so you always had a fairly decent chance of getting into any car of that model).

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
                          Do you still have Idaho plates? *perks*
                          Can't speak for the person you were asking, but I still have Idaho plates, since I live in Boise

I used to know my plate numbers. I can still tell you some of those old plate numbers. That was before this state, and others too, started forcing new plates, with new numbers, on us every few years. All I can figure is that it is a pro-license-plate-maker piece of legislation - I've never had a plate come close to wearing out. Anyway, that's my excuse for not knowing my plate numbers, and I'm sticking to it!

Comment

Good one, Sheldon!

Friends of mine once put their groceries into the wrong car in a supermarket parking lot. Same kind of car, same color. It wasn't until one of them got into the driver's seat that they realized it wasn't their car, and then they were frantic to get their stuff and get out before the real owner showed up thinking they were trying to steal it.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                              Joe or Jane Dumbass has no idea what those numbers could possibly be for, or even that they're even there.
                              I don't know about the Dumbass family, but not all of us can see those numbers from across the lot. Even with my glasses, they sometimes go blurry. Sure, they're on the pumps, but some of us do forget them, especially when it's been along day at work, and I'm tired. But, at least I know what I'm driving--I tell them that it's the blue Corolla, and all is well
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X