Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A slight variation on this from a friend of mine at a local petrol station a few years back.

She was behind the till one day when in comes a local boxer (who was inclined to believe his own publicity, alas). Rather than queue up, tell her the pump number and pay, as lesser mortals do, he simply walked up, threw some money on the counter and began to leave.
    She called after him, "Excuse me! Which pump number was it?"
    He turned round and with lofty scorn asked "How many BMWs with personalised number plates do you see out there?"
    "Two!" said my friend.
    As he raised his eyebrows in puzzlement, she added sweetly "Mine is parked out there as well."
    Yes she works behind the till. She's also the franchise owner.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
      Do you still have Idaho plates? *perks*
      Nope. :P While in Utah, the plates were registered with Hubby's grandfather, who gave us the jeep (he lives in ID). When we moved to CT, ID said we should probably register in CT rather than ID if we had no plans to move back there, so Hubs got to do the CT DMV runaround to get the plates switched.

The runaround being that the DMV told him we needed updated insurance to get the CT plates, but the insurance insisted we needed the registration before they'd insure us. We finally talked the DMV into letting us get the plates on the old insurance so long as we made sure to bring in the new insurance's info ASAP.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I own 3 VW Jettas - black, oyster gold and greeny grey. 95, 96 and 06. I have to stop and remember which one I am driving any given day
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Lol..now I've almost tried to get in a car that was identical to mine, but at least I generally know which vehicle is mine.
          I've actually done that. Back when i had the Green Monster (a Ford Explorer) i'd gone out to a nice restaurant. Came out. Got in what i thought was my car. Put the key in. Started it up. Drove home.

Got up the next morning, went to get something from the back of it, and immediately noticed that A) The thing i wanted wasn't in there, and B) Where did that pet barrier come from!?

Called the restaurant... The owners of the Ford i had taken were thankfully understanding, and we swapped back that afternoon.

Comment

Seriously sometimes they just pull a random number out of their ass. When asked what pump they're on they'll just say some number out of the blue and I'll ask them if they're prepaying. Obviously I'm the one who's wrong and I'm supposed to know that they MEANT pump 17 when they said "5."

SHEESH. I actually have to get up on a STEP LADDER to see the cars outside if they're not pumps 16,17, or 18 (which I can see PERFECTLY much to the chagrin of people stealing gas.) So when you don't know what car yours is I end up walking over, pulling out the step ladder, popping it open, setting it up, and climbing on it to find out if your car is "red" or "dark green."

People are just weird.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              C: Hi there, which pump number are you at?
              SW: Oh...I didn't look... uuuhhhh... ooooohhhh.. aaaaahhhhhhh.... Uhhhhh.... oooooohhhh... oh, there I am. Pump number six please!
              OW: Wait a minute! I'm at pump number six!
              SW: You are...oh...uuuuuuhhhh...
              C: Ma'am, there are only two other cars out there. Surely you know which is yours.
              SW: Cars all look the same to me. Don't YOU know which is mine?!
              C: No, I don't.
              SW: Ohhhh....uuuuuuhhhh....
              MBM: If it helps, I am pump number four!
              SW: Ohhh....uuuuhhh...so that makes me pump number five!
              C: No one is at number five, you are pump number three.
              SW: That's it! At last!
              And this flake-a-zoid has a driver's license!!!
              Quoth Mytical View Post
              Lol..now I've almost tried to get in a car that was identical to mine...
              I seem to recall a TV movie like that from the 1970s-early 80s. Two guys with identical cars stop at a store, get their stuff, end up getting into the other guy's vehicle and drive off in opposite directions. One guy ends up with the other guy's two kids (who'd been sleeping in the back seat), the other guy ends up with the first guy's St Bernard dog (ditto), and the whole movie regards them trying to find each other and get their own cars back. Anyone else see it?
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                My ex did get into a vehicle that wasn't his, once. Another cream colored '89 Chrysler LeBaron convertible. He realized it was wrong when he noticed that none of his crap was strewn about inside. His car was actually at the same position but one aisle over. The fun part is that both cars used the same key (only something like 7-15 different keys issues for any car make, so you always had a fairly decent chance of getting into any car of that model).

^-.-^
                My Dad did that too. Can't remember what kind of car it was, but he opened the door, sat down, turned the engine on, then wondered where all his rubbish, newspapers and our dogs had gone!

Comment

I seem to recall a TV movie like that from the 1970s-early 80s. Two guys with identical cars stop at a store, get their stuff, end up getting into the other guy's vehicle and drive off in opposite directions. One guy ends up with the other guy's two kids (who'd been sleeping in the back seat), the other guy ends up with the first guy's St Bernard dog (ditto), and the whole movie regards them trying to find each other and get their own cars back. Anyone else see it?[/QUOTE]

There is a TV add in the UK for a car, 2 identical ones pull up infront of a coffee shop, the men get out, the women (one blonde, one brunette) see each other, smile, then swap hats/ clothes/ sunglasses and position of roofs (they are convertible cars, one has roof up, the other down).
                  The men come out, one gets into the wrong car and drives off, the other kind of stands there looking confused.
                  That advert always makes me smile

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    I don't know about the Dumbass family, but not all of us can see those numbers from across the lot. Even with my glasses, they sometimes go blurry. Sure, they're on the pumps, but some of us do forget them, especially when it's been along day at work, and I'm tired. But, at least I know what I'm driving--I tell them that it's the blue Corolla, and all is well
                    Yes, but you don't "think it might be a blue car, maybe? I don't know that stuff!"

You know it's a blue Corolla. You shopped for it, you picked it out, you dickered with a guy over the price, you dickered with another guy over the terms, you told that guy to stuff the underbody anti-rust coating because it's overpriced, you signed the loan papers, you're making the payments, you drove off with your car, and you drive it to and from the things you drive to and from every day. It's yours.

I get that it's either the beginning of your day, you ain't had your coffee yet, you're thinking about that putz from Accounts Payable and the three hour Powerpoint Presentation from PURGATORY he's making you sit through this morning, or you're on your way home and still fuming about that putz from Accounts Payable and his amazing ability to spend FOUR hours of your time telling you nothing, you fill up your tank on autopilot, you get inside and CRAP! What pump was I on?

I get that. That's fair. I'll cop to that, that was harsh.

What I don't get is how somebody doesn't know what kind of car they shopped for, picked out, making payments on, and sit inside every day. How does somebody not know that? And how does that same person get indignant at the suggestion that they might, or even should, know that? How do you get that distracted?
                    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

i wonder if the SC in this is related to the one i read about over at "not always right"

where the customer lost a car... and found... the car they'd lost the year before?

Comment

Once someone called in to the main DMV number. She was parked at a huge mall, and couldn't remember her plate number, and mall security wouldn't help her without it.

"Okay, ma'am. What kind of car is it?"

(Proudly) "It's the blue one!" Yes, in the entire state, and she's the one with the blue car.
                        To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
                        To pursue it with forks and hope;
                        To threaten its life with a railway share;
                        To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

This is why I'm thankful that I have a remote starter. When I manage to forget where I parked, I just start my car.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                            When I manage to forget where I parked, I just start my car.
                            That sounds like it could be handy. If only it would come find you afterwards...
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*cue cheesy 80s TV show music*

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                                That sounds like it could be handy. If only it would come find you afterwards...
                                Some days after work, I wish it could/would.
                                I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                                X