Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(For the record I'm a history major with a minor in folklore and mythology. Find a use for my degree outside of teaching I dare ya)
    This would be a great background for a fiction novelist, either historical fiction or fantasy based on mythology/folklore.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
      (For the record I'm a history major with a minor in folklore and mythology. Find a use for my degree outside of teaching I dare ya)
      Museum curator.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

side kick in the next indiana jones movie; sure, he'll be rolling in a wheelchair by then, but it's indy, dammit!.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

i'm surprised the teacher lets him rant on
          i mean you're paying for the class... not to hear this idiot rant about how much his hurts.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
            Artifact/Art/Document Authenticator, with a specialization in items that show representations of the culture's religion.

Also, surely there's some sort of Archaeologist Director:
            A lot of mythologies start off with some variety of "nothing existed", and then Set 1 of Deities come into existence and start making things and people. Eventually Set 2 comes into prominence, and Set 1 are seldom mentioned; and then Set 3 show up and wipe out or absorb the qualities of Set 2. Eventually we wind up on Set 5 or so, who relate most of the earlier sets as dead gods or aspects of themselves or doddering grandparents or monsters....
            If these stories of changes in ruling gods are actually the only remaining record of successive cultural wars, a historian with a specialization in mythology might be able to narrow down the area where the original worshippers of Set 2 probably lived (and about when they got conquered out by the worshippers of Set 3); the historian can then tell this year's hot crop of archaeologists where to go searching for artifacts that could have been left behind by Set 2.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              I would be willing to bet that this is also the guy who complains about how accountants are nothing but an overpaid waste of space (yeah bud, see you come tax time and I'll show you what a waste of space we are).
              This guy will probably never make enough money to even use the short tax form.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              Probably also thinks that there is nothing special about pharmacists either (yeah, just dispense pills out, find label and count, not hard, right ).
              He never gets sick, and if he does he just pops a couple of asprin. For any other pills, he gets them for that guy that hangs out in front of the 7-11 when the cops aren't there.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Why is it that the loudest, most obnoxious people in class are so dumb? I'm in a rather large program so we have to compare notes with different cliques to see who drops...but everyone noticed when the obnoxious ass who sat in the back stopped showing up. Apparently he didn't even pass the first (very easy) set of tests and thought the program would get easier from there. He knew everything because he was a CNA in a hospital.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  This guy will probably never make enough money to even use the short tax form.
                  ... he's going to make less than $9100 a year?
                  Actually, that's national minimum wage for 24 hours a week... so, I guess that isn't so unfeasable that he'd be less than that.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                  X