This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARG! *rocks on couch*

While talking to a former CS'er I had happened to glance up when something hit my eyes wrong, someone was going past my place with flashlights! They managed to get the door open to the trailer on one side of me and I jumped to grab my phone.

After seeing them leave that trailer a nice officer answered the 911 line and I told him someone was breaking into the place next to me, squeaked on the phone when I heard one of MY windows being messed with before watching their flashlights disappear into the trailer on the other side of me. The guy stayed patient with me as I felt like I was starting to hyperventilate. My dogs useless to me for snoozing off a 1/4 gallon of maple syrup they had gotten into before I had gotten home from work.

A couple cars were on their differening routes and one was a half mile away, the other I overheard did a U-turn and got there fast. The guy on the line said that the officers would be on foot so I shouldn't freak if I see more people go by with flashlights. I did the whole whimper acknowledgment and then I was told that one of the officers were going to come to my door and the dispatcher was going to let me go.

Sure enough one of the officers whom I see at the precinct I deliver mail to came around the corner and I swear his eye brows went into his hairline. I think he recognized me cause the first coat I grabbed was my letter carrier one...I don't think the pj pants were noticed then.

A second cop comes by with a made look on his face and they ask if I know a name, I tell them that I did know the name but I had put him up for MLNA (moved left no address) well over a year and a half ago. And that he lived in the trailer I was living in NOW. The second cop's face darkened more and a cop car came down the road.

I overheard the cops talking about wanting to charge these guys with disturbing the peace or breaking and entering or anything because this was ridiculous. And that , "Chief you need to call the DA's office." Who were these guys that got cop 2 so upset?

Bounty Hunters.

Thats right...real live Bounty Hunters looking for their prey. And almost scaring the heck out of me because as the one cop said, "What if they didn't use their brains and bashed in this young ladies door by mistake? Would have scared her half to death for no reason."

So yea... slipped on upchuck from dogs, cleaned and then took shower. Got jumped on by camel grasshoppers which spooked me to no end. And now...got scared by some bounty hunters...yea my night is going so well.

I need cuddling...lots and lots.

Awww! Sorry! *snuggles*

Id be freaked too. Glad it "worked out".

Comment

*gives many hugs and homemade almond toffee* Sounds like a pretty horrible/scary night indeed.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Meep!

At least it wasn't actual thieves... and wow dumb bounty hunters. Really? Year and a half. Geeze.
        Hugs 4 u if you want some from a random stranger. <(o_o)> >(^_^)<
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

OK... Maybe I would live through the bounty hunters but CAMEL CRICKETS??? Forget about it. I hate those things more than well anything except for those big ass hairy spiders that come out of the drains down here in florida. This big fuzzy chicken can not deal with bugs,

Comment

I don't agree with the comment "What if they didn't use their brains and bashed in this young ladies door by mistake?". Why? Because it sounds like they were trying to break into your place and at least two others. Which means they were already making that mistake, they just didn't bust down any doors. Thank goodness it isn't summer when you might have your windows open! Sounds like they would've welcomed themselves right on in.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
              those big ass hairy spiders that come out of the drains down here in florida.
              Thanks. I'm never going to be able to visit my mom again. Which is a problem, because I have plane tickets for January.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Yikes. I didn't know that stuff was real! Bounty Hunters??? Damn. I'm glad you're okay though.

Comment

Wow. I don't blame you for being scared. I've had someone try to break into my house when I was home . . . scared the crap out of me.

*offers cookies* I'm glad you're OK.

Bounty hunters can break into your house if they are going after a jump, and there's very little repercussion for them. It's legal for them to do this. These jokers need a class on how to run a skip trace . . . after a year and a half why would they think their jumper would be at your address?

Lazy f^@#ers.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Ew, I'm not gonna cuddle you, you got dog vomit all over yourself!

This reminds me of that King of the Hill episode when Dale took a three-hour bounty hunter class and got a hat.
                    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

*offers aethian a change of clothes*

we'll all come over and have ice cream and watch funny movies together, then it's mac n cheese time! *mc hammer dance*
                      look! it's ghengis khan!
                      Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Yikes! I would have been the one to sit with a kitchen knife by me for the next three weeks if that happened to me. I'm glad to hear they didn't get in your house though.
                        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I have jumping spiders here that I'd love to share with anyone who thinks they have it bad. Try killing one of these bastards without hairspray.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

God that is scary. I'd have freaked. I have a nice heavy frying pan that would like to meet some uninvited guests' heads.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              I have jumping spiders here that I'd love to share with anyone who thinks they have it bad. Try killing one of these bastards without hairspray.
                              Sevin dust is your friend.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X