This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not kidding here

Back from a break of training and shooting for promotion...did not get, but at least I have evil minions from my time in the training department.

Me: the guy that REALLY needs a drink
    Clueless Morgan (CM): Not really sucky, just clueless

Me: Your pain is my pleasure, how can I help you today?
    CM: I want to upgrade my old DVR to an HD, I call you and then go to the office, right?
    Me: No need, sir! Just take your old box on down to the office, tell themk that you want to upgrade to HD and that's it! Remember that your old show don't transfer though, so watch them before you change it out.
    CM: So I don't have to talk to you? I just go to the office?
    Me: That's right, sir! just head on down!
    CM: Oh...so I just take this box down to the office?
    ME: You've got it!
    CM: And they'll have what I need? I don't need to talk to you at all? just go to the office?
    Me: Yes, sir. Just go down to the office.
    CM: Oh. You don't need to do anything?
    Me: No sir, just go to the office.
    CM: That's it?
    Me: That's it, sir! now I notice you don't have this other service, let's talk about that.
    CM: Umm..no, I may get it later, thanks for your help!

Remember, kids. When in doubt, do your job and actually try to sell the call something. Gets them off the phone every damn time

That's great that you offered to sell him something else, THEN he got the hint.

Comment

I have done that using credit card signup. They totally forget whatever insignificant or passive-aggressive thing they were saying.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
        Remember, kids. When in doubt, do your job and actually try to sell the call something. Gets them off the phone every damn time
        Hee. I've done that.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

i'm just wondering if he's going to remember to watch the programs first.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            i'm just wondering if he's going to remember to watch the programs first.
            Nah, that will be the subject of Redbeard's story next week.
            Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
              Nah, that will be the subject of Redbeard's story next week.
              I had that guy once.
              Guy called in yelling and scremaing about our new brand name, said that he refused to pay for anything with the *brand name* after it, and if I won't take it off of his bill, he'll disconnect.

I followed up a few days later, his son had let us know that he has dementia, ignore him, just move along.

Comment

Working...
              X