This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the end of an era.

Future generations will gather round at holidays, turn down the lights, and listen while great-great-great-granny and grampa tell the tales, in hushed tones, of the (Mis)Adventures of Gravekeeper.

Though it was involuntary, I hope the new position will turn out to be a good one for you, and I wish you the best of luck with any new writing you're going to do.

Pop in now and then, ok?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm not leaving, I just likely won't be able to garner as much material. Or rather, I'll be faced with more material, but less opportunity to record said material for posterity. >.>

Comment

I'm just glad you put up the Halloween thing. I always look forward to your Halloween posts.
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

This is CS upon reading this thread.

Aaaand, this is Gravekeeper upon reading all the replies.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Best of luck in your... shifting of position.

And best of luck with your writing aspirations. Please find a way to let us know where we can find your writings.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Good luck in you new position. Hope it goes well. Also, best of luck with the comedy. Break a leg....preferably not your own.

Comment

Best of luck in your new position. You can still share stories of mass transit though.(Please?)

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  I am the Dunce Whisperer.
                  You should totally put this on a t-shirt. It would sell. A lot.

C: “Shorry, I ain’t too clear. I’m soakin’ my Hollywood smile!”
                  I have a rather strong suspicion that the person meant he'd dumped his dentures in to soak for the night.

Halloween Round Up
                  Oh, goodie! I was afraid we wouldn't be regaled with the Halloween horrors you were subjected to this year.

Not that anyone wants you to be subjected to horrors, but knowing that you would be regardless, I know that I, at least, want your take on the proceedings.

Colourful crazy socks. This seems to be this year’s “I want to go to a Halloween party but not actually spend any money on a costume” option. Just throw on weird or mismatched socks. Boom! You’ve got a costume(?). Dressed as, er, someone whose…colourblind? There were no less than 7 incidents of Crazy Socks on my way here. Moving in packs.
                  There's a site out there that deliberately sells colorful mismatched socks. In sets of 3. That alone is preventing me from ever patronizing their shop.

What do you get when you throw on a tattered dress then glue 4 layers of tattered rags to it then throw a fake bear pelt over that then add giant furry big foot slippers, a towel over your head and a sword? I have absolutely no idea and I’d really appreciate a hint if you have a moment.
                  That is the "Oh crap it's Halloween and I forgot to get a costume and I need something right now so what the hell can I find laying around my (and any good friends') apartment?" special.

The towel, however, was taking it too far.

Do you know who rides public transit at night wearing just flannel and a pig mask, sir? Serial killers, that’s who. I’m not sure if you’re dressed up for Halloween or if this is the only night you can move about unnoticed by the authorities.
                  This guy is most likely dressed as a character from the game Hotline Miami. Though I think the guy in the pig mask should probably be sporting a letterman's jacket, not flannel.

It is sad that an era is passing, but who knows what the new age will bring.

And, who knows what the new position will bring. Keeping my fingers crossed that "misery" won't enter into it.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

From what you've said, it sounds like the change of position doesn't come with an increased paycheck, which doubly sucketh. I hope things work out, especially in the writing department!
                    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      That is the "Oh crap it's Halloween and I forgot to get a costume and I need something right now so what the hell can I find laying around my (and any good friends') apartment?" special.

The towel, however, was taking it too far.
                      ^-.-^
                      Not at all! The towel is the most important part! You should always know where your towel is!
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                        Not at all! The towel is the most important part! You should always know where your towel is!
                        Knowing where your towel is doesn't necessitate keeping it on your head.

Of course, based on the rest of this guy's ensemble, I suspect that by the end of the evening, if it's not attached to him in some fashion, that's the only way he'll be capable of remembering it's location...

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am going to miss your stories, GK! Don't be a stranger and keep in touch when you can! Best wishes in your new venture!
                          Why is stupidity not an arrestable offense?

Comment

Quoth redsox33413 View Post
                            I am going to miss your stories, GK! Don't be a stranger and keep in touch when you can! Best wishes in your new venture!
                            What they said . . .

Comment

I hope your new job works out. I will miss your tales.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm not leaving, I just likely won't be able to garner as much material. Or rather, I'll be faced with more material, but less opportunity to record said material for posterity. >.>
                                lol, its the third time you posted that. No one listens to you ANYWHERE.

Stay sane man.

Comment

Working...
                                X