This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busted

So there are certain behaviors that one should just not do all at once when one is pumping gas.

1. Choose the "pay after you pump" option.
    2. With your hood up.
    3. With the car running.
    4. And the lights on.
    5. At the pumps that most people steal gas from.

Sweetheart. You're stupid.

So I of course go outside and pretend to be checking the trash (I was about to go do it anyway, might as well.) and walk around the back of his car. Immediately I'm just like "Awww heeeellll naaaaaah" in my brain.

Sugarpuff McGee doesn't have a LICENSE PLATE. He looks at me and I must have the "you're going down, sucka" look on my face.

Me: Hun. You don't have a license plate.
    SC: Um uh...yeah I was just about to go in and pay.
    Me: Okay.

I continue to stand there until he's inside the store and then I make sure that it's paid before I go back in. And that's how you do it. For extra whipped cream I told him to be careful driving and to put it in his back window if he lost the screws for it like he told my CW.

Aaaaaaand that's how it's done.

I won't turn on the pumps if I don't see a tag.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I like you. *gives Gaki a whole pan of brownies*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
        I won't turn on the pumps if I don't see a tag.
        Unfortunately I can't do that because I have 18 pumps and all the cars would have to have their back ends facing the store (and at the last two pumps I can't see the tags anyway). My state only gives you one plate for your back end. None for the front.

However if I am ALONE I will not turn on the pump if you are displaying those behaviors. That or I'll turn it on and turn it off at 5.00. I've never had someone actually come in and pay that 5.00. (That's how good I am at guessing who's gonna pay and who isn't. It's all about the body language.) Better to lose 5.00 than 50.00 is what I figure.

Comment

Why the hell do you even give them the option to pay after? All it does is give them a chance to drive off. Our pumps are pre-pay or GTFO.

Comment

Quoth Moosenogger View Post
            Why the hell do you even give them the option to pay after? All it does is give them a chance to drive off. Our pumps are pre-pay or GTFO.
            You got me. Corporate decisions. We're the only gas station chain that allows it locally. Old people like us because of it. Apparently corporate isn't worried about it.

Comment

It requires a certain mentality. Here in the Netherlands, most gas stations with an attached store work on the pay in the store when you're done system.

Comment

Nah, guy sounded totally legit to me!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                  It requires a certain mentality. Here in the Netherlands, most gas stations with an attached store work on the pay in the store when you're done system.
                  Same here in Germany.

However, pumping with your engine running would likely get you into difficulties, being a safety issue...
                  I still miss my ex.
                  But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post
                    Same here in Germany.

However, pumping with your engine running would likely get you into difficulties, being a safety issue...
                    QFT. around here if you pick up the nozzle while your car is still running (well, unless it's diesel) they cut the pump off in the store until you turn it off.
                    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't do that because I have 18 pumps and all the cars would have to have their back ends facing the store (and at the last two pumps I can't see the tags anyway). My state only gives you one plate for your back end. None for the front.
                      Same here. Most people have a tag in back, but some special people put it in the back window. and a couple of times I've seen them completely tag-less.

*I can only assume it's to help prevent lasers from picking up on their speed, and to thwart cameras. especially since we have more generous laws about tinted windows here. (yeah i once saw a plate behind a tinted window... couldn't really make out the numbers which i can only assume is exactly what they wanted).

although most gas stations around here are pay-at-pump / prepay to help prevent driveoffs.

Comment

Several of the gas station franchises around here have a card that you can sign up for that basically just has your DL info, so that you can swipe it instead of having to go in and prepay. If you "forget" to pay, they will have all the info needed to send the collection goons after you.

Comment

Did he not have a license plate because he thought that would somehow make it impossible for you to give the police information? That's as stupid as shoplifting while naked because you'll not be able to describe what he was wearing.
                          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                          Fiancee: What?!
                          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                            That's as stupid as shoplifting while naked because you'll not be able to describe what he was wearing.
                            Stupid? Or verrrrry clever? Hmmmm...

*plots grand shoplifting scheme*

Comment

There are still places you pay after you pump? Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X