Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your grandmother is in that bad a shape she should be in an assistid living facility. She could be a danger to herself or others.
    Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

Due to the multiple Velvet Elvis references:

In my own private Graceland
      In my own little shrine to the king
      I don't want nothin' else
      No, I don't need anything
      Don't need no lava lamp
      Don't need no soap on a rope
      No pictures of Mexican kids with those really big eyes
      Or dogs playing poker

When I'm at home watching my TV
      I know the king is always looking down on me
      He looks so handsome, he stands so tall
      So glad he's big enough to cover up that hole in the wall
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        I've seen plenty of items that I know are not worth the price that the person is asking, but I don't throw a fit over it. I just leave and look somewhere else. Crafts people are not big box stores, they cannot and will not take a hit to their profit in order to make the customer happy. Bitching and moaning about the price or demanding discounts just shows how selfish and entitled you are. (General "you.")
        My city has a HUGE art show every year, and I wish I could afford some of the things I've seen there. My aunt saves up to buy a dragon from the "Dragon Guy" and his work is nothing short of amazing. A couple years ago, I was drooling over one of his huge, metalwork dragons which, if memory serves, he was selling for around $900. And he said it was damaged (something got messed up in the process or something), so he was selling it at a discount. I couldn't see a thing wrong with it.

Kanalah, I could easily see your quilts fitting right in at said art show. I'm not sure where you are or whether it would be feasible for you to get a booth there, but if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you more details. I've seen your work, and it's beautiful.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Do you have any local SF/fantasy cons?

Bear with me here, I just thought of this. Some of your work I've seen seems to have fantasy elements (I remember a dragon and a phoenix) and I have seen all sorts of mediums at con art shows. Never quilts, but why not? I have also seen pretty large amounts bid on pieces of art at con art shows. A lot of people pick one big con a year and save up to have a blowout with their cash.

I don't know how much spots at these shows cost, or what is near you, I just thought I'd throw that out there.
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

*hugs Kanalah* <3

*hands over plate of brownies and a soft plushie*
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Just wanted to stop in and say my husband and I still ADORE the quilt you made us! In fact, he insists that it's the one on our bed all year round. <3

I hope you can find a way to block out your mum's hatefulness, that seems like it would be too much to deal with. My mum can be the same way, but she has no crafting talent and so she doesn't stay at craft shows with me in case someone asks a question about crafting.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Working...
              X