Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is one of those things where SO much went SO wrong in SO many ways!

First off, if event was scheduled from 6 to 8pm, then anyone coming in at 7:45 should simply be told that the event was only scheduled until 8, so they would only have 15 minutes to complete the project if they chose to do it (management should make that rule and stick to it - and yep, I know the odds on that happening).

Second, wow, the rudeness/entitlement/overall suckiness of the moms. All they have to pay for is the one basic supply, the mask. The store is providing all other items necessary (glitter, glue, paint or whatever), as well as space to work in, and someone to show them how to do it. And they want to complain because more freebies such as rhinestones aren't
    thrown in?

Third, supervision. I'll give Newbie a break, cause, well, she's a newbie. But someone should have warned her to never leave children alone with craft products, they need constant supervision as well as help & advice (actually, that probably applies to adults as well - our local store had their annual Christmas event, with free ornament making, one couple, I swear, couldn't have managed folding a piece of paper without help).

Fourth, supervision (parental). SC parents who won't stay with their kids to keep them out of trouble. High on the suckiness list, but very, very low on the level of surprise. We all know SC's see any children's event as free babysitting.

Fifth, the kids. Actually, I tend to place less blame on them than on anyone else, assuming they're all under 10 or even 12. Kids & crafts are messy - I have a granddaughter, she stays with us at least a month every summer, we do lots of crafts. She's actually better behaved and less messy than most, but even at age 10, some crafts I would not leave her alone to do. The creative process of a child is seldom tidy And several kids, who know each other, and (based on what was seen here of the mothers) probably aren't the most well-disciplined children around, nor get to do a lot of crafting at home, all turned loose with glue, glitter & whatever, with no one watching them - well, it ain't gonna be pretty

I feel most sorry for those not directly involved with any decision or action relating to this fiasco, that had to help with the clean up.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
      My ex hated glitter as well.* What about it sets you off? He could never provide me with a straight answer and I love glitter, so I don't really understand! (Genuine question, not trying to be sarky)

*It's just as well we parted on good terms...
      It could be the "it gets *everywhere*" issue. With my boyfriend, even a month later, some of the remnants of my glitter would still be on him.

And going to work (military job) with glitter still on his face wasn't exactly his idea of fun.

Comment

My store has glitterly christmas decorations, yes I hate them. I get glitter on my hands and all over my till which gets on everything else that goes through the tills...

I also helped set all that up too, took a couple of baths to rid me of all the glitter on me, my collegue K had to take three showers!
        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

We have those glittery ornaments as well.

I go and get my hair at least once every three months just so I can some wash my hair for me to ensure that all the glitter comes out.

I once over heard a manager tell a Christmas hire that, if they stayed on they would not have to deal with much glitter after the holidays, cause the non-winter holidays don't use glitter.

I as the manager past by me, I told her, "Your pants should have spontaneously burst into fire for that one."
          Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

Comment

And several kids, who know each other, and (based on what was seen here of the mothers) probably aren't the most well-disciplined children around, nor get to do a lot of crafting at home, all turned loose with glue, glitter & whatever, with no one watching them - well, it ain't gonna be pretty
            On the contrary, it would be lovely...all sparkly and glittery and shiney....
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth PandaHat View Post
              My ex hated glitter as well.* What about it sets you off? He could never provide me with a straight answer and I love glitter, so I don't really understand! (Genuine question, not trying to be sarky)

*It's just as well we parted on good terms...
              PepperElf had it right. It gets everywhere. I don't mind glue or paint but glitter stays for ages. I like messy things I can clean up easily. It can be a texture thing too, sometimes it just irritates me before it starts shining. People don't get christmas cards from me anymore, it cuts down on the glittery surprises. I've left really glittery cards in envelopes and gotten rid of them rather than wind up covered before (same friend every year).

Dreamstalker, I was lovely and shook my bag off before leaving the house. After walking through the rain most of it did come off.
              "So you think they named this ship the "Chimera" because there's a monster on board?" Tony DiNozzo

"They did not name it the puppy" Ziva David - NCIS, Chimera

Comment

I hate glitter, especally the Christmas stems that look like whoever made them just put glue on the damn petals and bathed the flowers in them. The last time I helped put out stems, it took me a week just to get fully cleaned. *sob*

This time of the year, I tell the newbies that if they aren't peeing, pooping, and sneezing glitter, they need to go back to the Christmas pick aisle again.
                Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                  This time of the year, I tell the newbies that if they aren't peeing, pooping, and sneezing glitter, they need to go back to the Christmas pick aisle again.
                  Tell 'em it's the Twilight invasion.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I still have glitter on my garage floor from a project last year. (and of course minorly on hubbys tires now... oops!) Evil, evil stuff!
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

glitter inside a christmas card? do they hate you?
                      i mean i was *so* over the confetti-inside-the-card trend after the second one i opened ... but glitter?

Comment

I feel really evil now, I told my mother that if I had a girl she is to glitter *everything* she gives as presents just because my husband hates it. I don't mind glitter but he says he feels like he just got of a stripper joint minus the smell.

Comment

Glitter has been...what...the last three or four months of my job?

N00bs.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

*shudder* and now imagine glitter in a production environment. We produce glittery *uh* insertibles, these production runs are hated, Hated, HATED by the crew. Despite our best efforts, you can't keep that glittery stuff confined in the maschines, it ends up everywhere. And when we switch back to normal stuff it means cleaning like mad.
                            The glittery insertibles are very popular, a true cash cow, but they are a pain to make for sure.
                            No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                            X